PDA

View Full Version : AMX help, any pro's out there?

sirroundsound
05-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Client has Ni4000 in equipment room, Ni2000's in Mbedroom, theatre, and office. There are around 38 MSP8 keypads using the axlink, 3 in wall 7inch Modero's, 2 wireless 8400's and 1 wireless7500 touch screens. I have to confirm this, but I am pretty sure every time we do an upload to the Ni4000 to make a change, then re boot the system we loose communication with the Ni2000's, the house staff then has to go and reset the room systems. All Ni's were updated with the latest firmware when we installed them (about 9 months ago), any ideas as to why, and what the solution could be? we also had an issue with the Bar in wall touch panel also going off line, we decided to put it's power local to it and so far haven't heard any issues with it.

Here is an example, my programmer goes on line to our on site computer, makes changes to the Ni4000, re boots. I get to site to do other things (lighting or whatever) before I leave I check the systems, go to theatre, start system, window curtains close, (which are controlled from the master) but nothing else in room works (anything from Ni2000 in room) Power down UPS in room, restart, wait , start theatre system, and all works just like it should. This house is around 25000sq ft and over 3 hours away, so making service calls to just reset an Ni is not going to go over well. I need to tell my programmer to try something to solve this issue.

hope someone out there can offer some insight to this.

Thanks

bradodegard
05-09-2005, 08:42 AM
I've not done any systems with distributed masters but one thing you can do is put a reboot command that is sent to each of the other masters when your NI-4000 comes online.

Without taking a close look at how you are managing the interaction between the masters I can't make much more of a suggestion. I've not heard of any issues with Master-2-Master communications, but this sounds like a perfect Tech support call at AMX. Try John or Gary, they've been excellent at solving odd problems for me.

Brad