PDA

View Full Version : Which ED PDP would you use?

Kelly
05-09-2005, 04:43 PM
Subject says it all.....

We all have to use these lower end PDP's sometimes. So which do you think would be the best choice?

vwpower44
05-09-2005, 04:47 PM
LG has discrete on and off and inputs,rear IR port, RS232, and HDTV and it sells for 3200. They discontinued their EDTV stuff I think? They had an EDTV for 2600 that had discretes RS232, and rear IR port. Can't beat that!

Check out the samsung EDTV stuff. Pretty nice.

Mike

lowvoltguy
05-09-2005, 10:06 PM
LG ED Plasma is gone ... Zenith is their ED line now ... I have a LG ED plasma in my home (2 months old) ... The Zenith line is strong in my opinion at the lower price points ... Zenith's RS232 and control should mimic LG ... LG/Zenith ... same company ... Jaws is a dealer also, I think ... he can probably elaborate more on the control side ...

jritch
05-10-2005, 02:27 PM
The problem with both Zenith/LG and the new Samsung models is that all of them have built in, non-removeable, speakers. The Sammy's at least have it built in underneath the display, so you don't have the extra 4" on each side that you will never use.

I was using the SPP4231 before it was discontinued, and I found discrete power and input commands for it. I am hoping that the commands still work on the newer models, since I am installing one later this week.

The only problem with the Samsungs is that anyone with a membership can buy them at Sam's club. That's where I've been getting them. It's cheaper than my distributors.

Another solution is the Pioneer commercial pieces. The pricing is not a lot more for their 42" ED piece, and you lose the speakers. I think that is what I am going to try and push from now on, I'll just have to hone my sales skills to get the extra $600-800. At least they won't be able to price shop them as easily at the Big Box stores.

John

OEX
05-10-2005, 03:55 PM
I have been selling the Hitachi ED commercial panels. Full discretes and VERY easy to calibrate. They look good but want to be a little green at either the low ire end or the high ire end. They also have decoder adjustments. I have been selling them for $3000.

Brijaws
05-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Zenith and LG are favorite sellers due to there price points. Also, regualr TV Looks Awesome on these sets as well. DVD's look Great and HD look really good.

We have never had a problem controlling them IR or 232.

LG sucks for making any kinda of delivery schedual thou.

Gary
05-11-2005, 08:05 PM
We use the NEC ED plasma for low end stuff, pretty good picture, RS232, IR discrete. Same cost as the LG. There're available at Cinelight talk to Stacie Cooper, she'll take good care of you.