PDA

View Full Version : Niveus

ebecker
06-26-2007, 06:52 PM
anyone know if the niveus lets you rip and store full dvd's?

2ndRick
06-26-2007, 08:43 PM
The answer is yes... but not until you add a third party plug-in such as MyMovies...

Companies like Niveus do not pre-install the plug-in, and will not officially support this use for fear of the Hollywood lawyers that are currently hounding Kaliedescape.

sanfransoxfan04
11-13-2008, 02:09 PM
The plugin you speak of also supports HD-DVD and Blu-Ray.

bluemanta
03-05-2009, 11:56 AM
MyMovies itself will not rip the DVD as you need to decrypt the DRM. you want to look at something like SlySoft's AnyDVD. but be aware, it is illegal to circumvent the DRM.

And yes, it supports Blu-ray and HD DVD ;-)

-E

sanfransoxfan04
03-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Niveus does not require My Movies, it has it's own software called "Niveus Movie Library" for browsing and viewing your DVD movies, Blu-ray and HD-DVD movies, RecordedTV movies and downloaded internet content movies like those from Amazon Unbox.

For those who wish to backup Blu-ray or DVD discs, a 3rd party program such as AnyDVD would be required, but the copying would still be done through the on screen display within Niveus Movie Library.

Edenlights
03-05-2009, 07:58 PM
The two Colorado Vnet vibe systems we have done have ripped everything so far, from time to time it will pull the wrong cover art though.

sanfransoxfan04
03-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Does the Vibe also utilize AnyDVD? i'm a big fan of this third party approach. Disc authoring changes on a weekly basis it seems and is tough to keep up on. When I was at Kaleidescape, some studio would author a disc funny that would prevent Kaleidescape owners from importing it. It would take us like 6 months to engineer a fix, test it and distribute it. By offloading the heavy lifting to a product whose sole purpose is to read these discs, they are extremely quick to diagnose and fix and incompatibilities, often within days not months.

bluemanta
03-06-2009, 01:12 PM
I may be missing something here, but from looking at www.coloradovnet.com (http://www.coloradovnet.com) it seems like they are handling music only:

"...Vibe is a revolutionary IP-based digital distributed audio system.."

I think the original question was referring to DVD's?

Best,

Eyal

Edenlights
03-06-2009, 01:25 PM
http://www.coloradovnet.com/video/intro.rails

I don't know what it uses, but it works seemless. DVD in tray, load, and about 20 mintues to complete, I hust wished it would do something else during that time. It's my understanding that HAI's new unit will work the same way.