PDA

View Full Version : Considering career change

bblosse1
06-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the forum and industry. Currently I'm a systems analyst and SQL programmer. I'm interested in home automation and residential systems integration. Any advice for someone considering the hop to be a Crestron programmer? I've got the skills but no training and no experience. What kind of annual salary can I expect?
Thanks!
-Brad

2ndRick
06-29-2007, 08:16 PM
Hi everyone.
I'm new to the forum and industry. Currently I'm a systems analyst and SQL programmer. I'm interested in home automation and residential systems integration. Any advice for someone considering the hop to be a Crestron programmer? I've got the skills but no training and no experience. What kind of annual salary can I expect?
Thanks!
-Brad
I can't speak to Crestron's requirements, but AMX is a language based platform (similar to C++).

Here is the contact list for the AMX V.I.P.s (Valued Independant Programmers)

It's a new program, so the list is still fairly small. If you were more interested in becoming a V.I.P., you could contact AMX directly at the Richardson, TX headquarters.

http://www.amx.com/contactamx/vip.asp

PAAI
06-29-2007, 10:32 PM
I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice. Tumbling down the rabbit hole?