PDA

View Full Version : IR out of MRF-250 into IR Block

RobbieS
05-11-2005, 06:50 PM
Ok guys,

I've got a MRF-250 that I need to run IR out and into a speakercraft AT1.0 connecting block.

I took one of the MRF-250 emitters and cut the end off. Ran into the IR and ground input of the speakercraft AT1.0. I can't get IR to pass out and into the AT1.0. I have checked the emitters connected to the AT1.0 and the connection block itself. They work fine if I hook up a standard IR receiver. I have verified that the MRF-250 is definitely putting IR out of the port I'm trying to use. I made sure I had my IR & ground leads correct.

So what am I doing wrong???? I even tried a second connecting block. still no luck.

I have to go finish this job at 7:00 AM in the morning. Any ideas...suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

Gary
05-11-2005, 07:54 PM
The HTM outputs are not buffer and will not work this way, you have a couple of choices, get a MRF300, flash an IR receiver with the emitter from the MRF250, or stop playing with these toys and get a real remote control system.

RobbieS
05-11-2005, 09:11 PM
Yeah, yeah, yeah.... If only everyone was willing to pay for a real remote control system. I will assume you are referring to Crestron/AMX.......

I knew there was a reason it wasn't working. I just couldn't remember what it was. I'll just have it flash an IR receiver.

Thanks

Gary
05-11-2005, 09:16 PM
RTI also falls into the real category, T1 $299 retail.

vwpower44
05-11-2005, 10:25 PM
Whould be able to take the IR into teh Xantech 791-44 Connecting block. Other option is to use the MRF 300. The MRF300 is far superior to the MRF250.

Gary, I Thought the RTI's were toys that didn't light up :lol:

Mike

OEX
05-11-2005, 10:32 PM
vw - that was last weeks opinion.

Gary
05-11-2005, 11:08 PM
Whould be able to take the IR into teh Xantech 791-44 Connecting block. Other option is to use the MRF 300. The MRF300 is far superior to the MRF250.

Mike

In the hierarchy of remote features, having the backlight not come twice a month is preferred to the RF only working twice a month.

It's also better than being limited to five letter on a soft button or have a remote that looks cosmetically the same selling at big boxes for less than $100 (as a client with a ML500 pointed out to me recently).

Did I mention that the RF sucks.

vwpower44
05-11-2005, 11:18 PM
Man, we both have bad attitudes towards these two remotes. I am sure that RTI has fixed their problem. HTM has fixed their RF. Oh well, we are entitled to our opinions. We both got burned and it is hard to go back and try that product again.

Mike

tomciara
05-12-2005, 12:23 AM
Now you boys behave or we are going to make you switch remotes with each other for the next 5 jobs you do...

Anonymous
05-12-2005, 01:38 PM
I took one of the MRF-250 emitters and cut the end off. Ran into the IR and ground input of the speakercraft AT1.0. I can't get IR to pass out and into the AT1.0. I have checked the emitters connected to the AT1.0 and the connection block itself. They work fine if I hook up a standard IR receiver. I have verified that the MRF-250 is definitely putting IR out of the port I'm trying to use. I made sure I had my IR & ground leads correct.

I know that, on the MRF300, switching from address "0" to "1" will reduce the IR output which tends to overdrive many IR sensors. It may work with the 250, I've never tried, but it may be worth a try...

The8thst
05-13-2005, 09:14 AM
RTI will be showing a bunch of new products at CEDIA this year as well as fixing most of the reliabilty problems they were plagued with in the early years.

They are even adding a much less expensive RF basestation, although it only has one output :x but brings reliable RF to that much of a lower price point.

idodishez
05-21-2005, 11:47 AM
Mike

In the hierarchy of remote features, having the backlight not come twice a month is preferred to the RF only working twice a month.

It's also better than being limited to five letter on a soft button or have a remote that looks cosmetically the same selling at big boxes for less than $100 (as a client with a ML500 pointed out to me recently).

Did I mention that the RF sucks.

Got to admit, I dont care for the 5 character limitation. Other than that, I love the HTM remotes, and thought that was pretty much the feeling in general in the CI field.

Have to admit though, Im just now starting to use RF w the HTM/URC line. Maybe I'll see what your referring to soon.

What issues did/does the RTI line have that I shuld be concerned about if I decide to look into those as well?

tomciara
05-21-2005, 01:47 PM

Mike

Can the MRF250 output feed an IR in on a receiver (a la Integra, etc) rather than flashing it?

Gary
05-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Mike

Can the MRF250 output feed an IR in on a receiver (a la Integra, etc) rather than flashing it?

No.

AudibleSolutions
05-21-2005, 04:31 PM
Gary,

Aren't you supposed to be on Vacation?

Alan

Gary
05-21-2005, 08:13 PM
Gary,

Aren't you supposed to be on Vacation?

Alan

Been sailing all afternoon, heading back to MO in the morning. I'm hung over, sunburned and ready to go home.