PDA

View Full Version : Sony PS3 Control for Crestron

chadshell
07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Anyone have a TCP/IP Module for a PS3? If so, I could really use it!

Otherwise, even a "Deal" file for it. I don't have access to a remote for the unit so learning the code myself isn't an option.

& yes, I know I can convert an IR code from an RC5 but I'm being lazy; plus I'd really like to get my hands on a TCP/IP module.

nholmes
07-08-2007, 10:44 AM
Still don't know of any IP control so far for the PS3, I would actually be willing to write a module if someone got the documentation and such.

I uploaded 3 deal files to the yahoo crestron group.

chadshell
07-08-2007, 11:37 AM
You're the man_ appreciated much_ I've been looking around on Yahoo today with no luck.

chadshell
07-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Hey, where exactly did you post it on Yahoo? I checked in Files>IR but can't seem to find it.

While I have your attention; any chance you've got a Meridian G68 module that addresses the Zone2 & 3 control?

Lastly, I have a guy who I helped out with some install instruction for his system. I was suppose to program some Crestron gear that he has but I'm just too busy to take on any projects outside my day-to-day projects.

He's savey enough & comfortable enough with install that if the system is programmed for him, he should be able to connect the IRs & RS232s to the right piece of gear. Any interest? I can't remember where the guy lives but he was okay knowing that there would be a chance he might have to pay for travel time if he couldn't get the system running on his own.

If so, what would you want to charge per hour (I told him it would have to be straight hourly with no fixed price).

mr2channel
07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
...but I'm being lazy...

noooooo you don't say! :)

PAAI
09-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Is anyone interested in controlling the PS3 by way of a RS-232 to bl etooth
adapter? I don't have a PS3, but if this adapter can be programmed to work, then Crestron, AMX , Universal, and RTI should work. I am just gathering info to see if there is any interest.

Is the Nyko Bluewave IR remote setup for the PS3 worth it?

PAAI
09-26-2007, 01:50 PM
adapter? I don't have a PS3, but if this adapter can be programmed to work, then Crestron, AMX , Universal, and RTI should work. I am just gathering info to see if there is any interest.

TonyAngelo
09-26-2007, 02:43 PM

I'd be interested.

I've been able to use it for everything except power, which is the main thing I need to control.

PAAI
09-26-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, here is the deal Tony. I wanted to take this piece and get it working for the PS3 and if the Media Center Hack gets finalized , this will be a nice machine to have. This is the fastest booting BD machine correct?
Here is the raw adapter I want to try:
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id=642

chadshell
09-27-2007, 08:31 AM
I might be interested in such a solution; especially since I can't seem to get the IR sile for the PS2 to work on a PS3; which I was told worked.

gotp
07-28-2008, 03:43 AM
SAY....Whatever happened to this thread, i need this control, did anyone ever come up with a way to control the PS3 via IR? or convert to blue-tooth????

Since Blu-ray won the format, i have included some new PS3's and just told the customer they waz out of luck, but I would like to offer a solution to this ;)

And tell us more about the Hack! ? ! ?
probably makes the best media client ever! what all servers will it work with, actually i need some tutelage in this area, Media servers and blu-ray and all that storage, anyone?

flcusat
07-28-2008, 05:50 AM
I just order a unit from this people to evaluate.
http://www.ps3toothfairy.com/index.php

Glackowitz
07-28-2008, 08:06 AM
We ordered in a IR3BT unit but took 4 weeks to get, The PS3toothfairy unit is sold out as well most of the time. When we did get our IR2BT unit the firmware was old and it wouldnt work so it had to be sent back for an update.

So we ordered in a Schmartz PS3IR-Pro and it was in stock, is user firmware updateable, and works. I guess it uses part of the BT remote so the PS3 recognises it better

we have done several now with no issues other than we had 1 PS3 not power down properly but found it was due to the PS3 software being outdated..Did a firmware update and all is well

www.schmartz.com

TonyAngelo
07-28-2008, 08:24 AM
So we ordered in a Schmartz PS3IR-Pro and it was in stock, is user firmware updateable, and works. I guess it uses part of the BT remote so the PS3 recognises it better[/url]

Does it have discrete on/off or toggle power?

Glackowitz
07-28-2008, 09:52 AM
It has discretes, Although the PS3 doesnt have them

The Macro for the off is built into the Pro unit.
It has all 51 remote functions as well

Its more than the rest but seems worth it

gotp
07-28-2008, 10:15 PM
It has discretes, Although the PS3 doesnt have them

The Macro for the off is built into the Pro unit.
It has all 51 remote functions as well

Its more than the rest but seems worth it

WOW that was helpful....THANK YOU!!!:lol: