PDA

View Full Version : More Phone System Problems

AHEM
05-18-2005, 12:33 AM
Ok, this is on the verge of giving me a major ass kicking.

I've got a Panny 848 that's being used extensively for call forwarding to outside numbers (cell phones, external voice mails, etc.)

Everything is fine and dandy except when forwarding to a CO line, the volume drops pretty substantially to the point where the feature is almost unusable.

Panny's people tell me that anytime that you bridge lines that you're going to have a certain amount of drop and that the only fix is to have the telco increase the DB level of the lines.

The telco people say that they are not able to do it and that there's nothing wrong with the lines.

The customer is getting restless and I don't know what else I can do.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. BTW, Fred if you're reading this, your people gave me the same advice as Panasonic did.

mr2channel
05-18-2005, 06:14 AM
I don't know if this is the case or not, but it sounds like the service provider is being a slack ass, and they can but don't want to help. Just my opinion. I have had a hell of a time with Comcast and issues with their signal (or lack thereof) and had to be a really squeaky wheel to actually get to someone with a brain (read engineer, project mgr...) to fix THEIR issues, so I would bug the shit out of them and force them to do their job!

my 02

The8thst
05-18-2005, 07:34 AM
Did you actually talk to Fred when you called Capitol tech support?

I often sit on hold for half hour or so just waiting to talk to Fred specifically. No offense Fred, but just about everyone else I have talked to in your tech support was pretty much worthless.

As for the telco, I have had good luck talking about the problem using an abundant amount of technical jargon that goes waaaay over the heads of the level one tech support. Then after they are completely confused I ask for an engineer or someone that really knows what is going on and can help me on this level.
I have even been transfered to the manager of the main line (read headend manager and firmware expert) at Time Warner when I had a ton of scew problems and other weird things happening on a job.

AHEM
05-18-2005, 09:11 AM
Did you actually talk to Fred when you called Capitol tech support?

No. I believe it was Brent that I talked to.