PDA

View Full Version : proposal template

idodishez
05-20-2005, 03:58 PM
Does anyone have a proposal template they'd be willing to share? Word or Excel format? Or other?

Along those lines, is D-tools worth the investment? Im not a big player in the field, so Im not yet doing the $50k systems that require massive design,planning, etc. Are there other programs/software out there that will help the CI guy, but without all the bells & whistles (and expense) of D-tools?

AHEM
05-20-2005, 10:48 PM
Somewhere, Gary has a sticky about transitioning to D-Tools that's very much worth the read.

For starters, I'd suggest getting a copy of Microsoft Visio. It's a program that you can grow into if you're willing to give it the time and effort.

Setting up an Excel template is easy enough to do. I've got an old one that I'd be happy to send to you, if you're looking for somethng to fiddle around with.

RichRiehl
08-18-2005, 10:54 PM
I have more than a template for you. Checkout BidmagicAV, my complete new proposal software at
www.bidmagicav.com

There is a real need for proposal software that is cost effective and gives you great results. Stop by CEDIA at booth 1717 to meet me and see the demo.

AHEM
08-19-2005, 12:40 AM
Rich, I think that it's safe to say that everyone here has heard of you and knows of your product.

You'll find this forum quite receptive. Is it possible that you could provide more details about your product other then visiting your website or seeing you at CEDIA?

BlakeAV
08-25-2005, 02:27 PM
Get verified here at the IP Forum and then check out the postings about D-tools. I would also suggest you talk to Gary or Michael Hall both small company owners using D-Tools.

I try to avoid abusing my relationship with IP Forum members by using the forum as an area to pitch D-tools. Like all member I try to interact, answer questions related to D-tools as well as many other topics and be mindful not to overstep the boundaries of decorum and blatantly push my products.
I leave the spamming to the marketing department.

I would strongly recommend you investigate all of your options but do purchase and industry specific software. Regardless if it is Horizon, SRS, D-tools or Bid Magic you will undoubtedly benefit from structured software that provides you with an architecture to create a repeatable process.
There is going to be an upfront cost of both money and time. But put in the time to properly set up the application, get trained on how to use it and you should see an ROI in 6 months or less. Make sure you don’t skip the training part, most fail do to the fact they don’t get help.

I would also recommend you attend CEDIA and not only check out the demo’s being held at the booth’s but ask around in classes, events and find out what others like yourself are using. You should also talk to manufactures, distributors and reps as they tend to walk in allot of doors and can tell you what the word on the street is.

Basically do your homework. This will be the most important software purchase you can make for your business as every project will go through your proposal system. So take the time to determine your own needs and once you have your list together start evaluating your choices.

You also want to keep in mind issues like:

Tech Support: What ever you buy remember it is software and does run on a PC so you will need tech support from time to time.
Stability of the company: Its hard to get tech support from a company no longer in Business.
Flexibility: can it grow with you if you choose to grow.
Accounting interface: Make sure it plays nice with your accounting software.
Training: Investigate your training options and do a personal inventory of your skills. Regardless if you are a computer geek to the 10th power you should get professional training.
Cost benefits analysis: Some software’s do more than other and so they cost more. The question you should ask is “are the costs well balanced by the benefits”. Do I need all the features or can I start small and add as features as needed.
I hope this helps but also never believe a software salesman, we are worse then stereo salesman
:)