PDA

View Full Version : TV Top 5 Opinions Needed

K&J
07-27-2007, 05:53 AM
As we look to expand our business we are likewise looking to expand our lines.

We currently sell Fujitsu, Samsung and Toshiba.

Please give us your opinions on other lines available and reasons why.

Please no smaller than 42" comparisons.

LCD, Plasmas, Monitors and HDTV.

Thank You all in advance for your opinions.

vwpower44
07-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Sharp D92 Series - 120hz panels, 1080p, discrete codes, not available everywhere.

LG PB and LB series - 1080p, discrete codes, RS232, look great on analog, not available everywhere.

QQQ
07-27-2007, 02:12 PM

Please give us your opinions on other lines available and reasons why.

Please no smaller than 42" comparisons.

LCD, Plasmas, Monitors and HDTV.

Are you a large retail store or a custom installation only outfit?

TouchToBegin
07-27-2007, 05:13 PM
Take a look at this thread

http://www.integrationpros.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4352&highlight=core+plasma

K&J
07-27-2007, 05:41 PM
We are 90% Custom but do have an occasional customer coming in for a TV.

We are also DishNetwork and DirecTV Retailers.

K&J
07-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Joe,

I was not able to access the link on your reply.

Theaterworks
07-27-2007, 05:53 PM
What are you looking to do by adding a fourth line? Delete a line that's not performing? Add to your sales? Unless you're a retail store four lines of plasmas seems like a lot.

K&J
07-27-2007, 06:01 PM
I can appreciate your reply. Thanks

We do not Stock Any of these but would have accessibility to Only these Models.

We do not offer Panasonic, Phillips, Sanyo, etc.

Beau
07-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Just get setup with a distributor...then you can offer WAY more brands...sometimes a customer will dictate what TV they want...at least you will have a better chance of being able to sell it to them if you have more brands available to you.

QQQ
07-28-2007, 01:01 AM
What are you looking to do by adding a fourth line? Delete a line that's not performing? Add to your sales? Unless you're a retail store four lines of plasmas seems like a lot.
That's why I asked him. But I won't be as nice as you - except for the largest of large outfits, four lines is ridiculous.

ATOH
07-28-2007, 01:25 AM
Can't say I've ever had a client who dictated what display brand we were going to use in their home except for 1 instance in which he had just bought a Panny with his reward points from his credit card. Otherwise, we have never had this problem.

We use Pioneer mostly, and sometimes a Marantz, but only because we use Marantz for all of our electronics too. Samsung for LCDs when needed.

I can't imagine carrying so many lines and giving clients all those choices. Seems to me that this would make your installs and programming take a lot more work.

K&J
07-28-2007, 04:55 AM
Again, we are not stocking any of these brands and we are setup with several distributors. Simply wanted Opinions from other Techs/Business Professionals/Integrators opinions of best brands and not Consumer Reports or some of the other reports on TV's that are out there.

We sell mostly Marantz equipment, and yet have never installed a Marantz TV.
How is the Quality? Live up to the Marantz name? Marantz vs. Fujitsu?

We have only been in Business 3+ yrs now and yes still in infancy compared to some of you out there. I have met several very good integrators and have been able to discuss issues like this one. This is the one of the reasons for joining IP, and look forward to more discussions.

Thank You to All.

OEX
07-28-2007, 07:20 AM
i typically sell 2 lines. Fujitsu for high end and Pioneer for a cheaper solution. With the price change of the Pioneers though I have now found myself needing a 'cheap ass junker' to sell that at least has a few discretes. I have a Sammie to install in a week or so. Are they OK or what?

Justis Peters
07-28-2007, 09:16 AM
I was not able to access the link on your reply.

Jeff,

It's good to see you here. Has Gary still not gotten you verified? That's why you can't access that link. Send him a private message and ask if there is anything else you need to provide in order to prove you're in the industry. I can vouch for you, if that's worth anything to him :)

Kind regards,
Justis

QQQ
07-28-2007, 11:15 AM
Jeff,

I can vouch for you, if that's worth anything to him :)
Gary told me that's why he wouldn't let Jeff in. "If he knows Justis we don't want him". I'm just repeating what I was told, I argued in favor of Jeff and told Gary he might only know you by accident or in passing and shouldn't hold it against him.

K&J
07-28-2007, 11:44 AM
Well, guess this is one of those times where just knowing someone hurts you instead of helping you.

If someone will PM me a distributor for Pioneer in my area I would appreciate it. We have tried to contact them and we could not sell enough to go direct.

We cannot find a Pioneer Dist.

Thanks for the assistance anyhow Justice.;)

We'll just keep plugging along.

Still working on the Display for you.

K&J
07-28-2007, 11:49 AM
I do like the quality that Samsung gives. Particularly when using a Satellite HD.

Many of the other brands in the price range has more distortion.

K&J
07-28-2007, 11:51 AM
We faxed Gary our information yesterday.

Maybe he has not had the chance to look it over.

flyingmachine
07-28-2007, 02:14 PM
We faxed Gary our information yesterday.

Maybe he has not had the chance to look it over.

Don't fret if it takes a week or so, Gary is doing double time running his own business as well as the keeper of this site.

Limelight Systems
07-29-2007, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=K&J
[/QUOTE]

The Marantz is better then the Fujitsu and has comprehensive calibration capabilities. Good luck with the Fujitsu

OEX
07-29-2007, 07:20 PM
The Marantz is better then the Fujitsu

Really?

K&J
07-29-2007, 07:47 PM
quote=K&J
[/QUOTE]

The Marantz is better then the Fujitsu and has comprehensive calibration capabilities. Good luck with the Fujitsu

WOW!!!!!

I did not expect that... Better than the Fujitsu??

Can you qualify that??

K&J
07-29-2007, 07:49 PM

I would am anxious to see one of these Marantz's...

Have you had poor experience with the Fujitsu?

dwg77gk
08-03-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey I'm new here and I don't want to ruffle any feathers on my first post, but I have to disagree about the Marantz vs. Fujitsu comments. We are a Marantz dealer (Audio and Video) and we are picking up fujitsu this fall after Cedia (waiting to see new models). With the direct pricing, the Full 3/3 waranty and in my opinion a better picture, the fujitsu is the better product. Plus it's sexier too. Not that the Marantz stuff is bad, it's really good too, but I think fujitsu is better. Here's our lineup if anyone cares:

Toshiba: LCDs only

Pioneer Entry
NEC Mid
Marantz High - being replaced with fujitsu

brandenpro
08-05-2007, 02:44 PM

Ditch the Toshiba and pick up LG and Pioneer. The Toshiba Plasma's I have calibrated were horrible. On the Sharpness pattern from my signal generator, the top left pattern with the black and white vertical lines closest together turned green. Chromatic abberation or so I was told.

WhiteVan Lifestyle
11-19-2007, 01:17 AM
[quote=brandenpro]Ditch the Toshiba and pick up LG and Pioneer.

Pioneer, YES!
LG, NO!

Is there one that isnt on back order. Im so over LG I dont even know where to begin. First they dropped the 71" which I had houses pre framed for in wall settings. secondly I have a 60" 3YPD on a customers wall. 5500.00 TV with power issues. We've been waiting on a replacement for going over 4 weeks. Ive offered to replace it with another brand but thus far he has been patient. and third, If it does 1080p then forget it. Its on back order. If I score my last 5 orders with LG their stats are 0-5 and their customer service has a lot to be desired.