PDA

View Full Version : Motorized Drapes... What are you using?

RobbieS
05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Hey all,

Title says it all. What are you guys doing for motorized draperies??? Seen/used the makita stuff. Anything else out there that is better?

Thanks

sirroundsound
05-31-2005, 07:19 PM
Lutron owns a company called Vimco, high end stuff. Their QED line are silent. We have done alot of theirs, very nice.

benc
05-31-2005, 08:12 PM
I'll second the vimco recommendation. Great company and great product.

install1
06-01-2005, 11:10 AM
I'd like to third the Vimco stuff. More expensive but so far it has been more than worth it.

AudibleSolutions
06-01-2005, 08:37 PM
Is the question about drapes/shades or about controlling them? Control can be accomplished from any number of sources including DIY relays ( I'd go with solid state over machanical but..... )

Having sold and installed shades from Lutron in the past including the old Serena double rollers I would much rather control them than specify them.

Alan

RobbieS
06-02-2005, 12:03 AM
Alan,

Looking for controls for drapes for horizontal motion.

I agree with your statement. Customer go's out, gets what they want and then we control it. When it comes to blinds we just tell them which companies to look at and then we control it.

benc
06-02-2005, 06:57 AM
Just a heads up. If you are in need of a curved roller shade, Vimco can make them. We had them make us a bunch for a house that we are working on. They are very sweet and work great.

Ben