PDA

View Full Version : Bay Audio

Brijaws
02-01-2005, 08:26 PM
Just picked up the line after recomendations from several differnt people. Any reviews or comments? Its looks to be built like a brick shithouse. I have only heard some demos peices thou, we are installing a projects worth next week.

:roll:

rhm9
02-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Jawz,

We've been a dealer for over three years now... congratulations. You will now be making great margin on speakers and getting unrivaled support from David & Ira. You'll never get shopped on price. You'll never find them on the internet being whored out. These guys are absolutely the best manufacturer I've ever dealt with. The sound quality will stomp most of what you have heard... especially when you adjust for boundaries with the on-board tuning. Only one piece of advice... when installing 580's... turn the tabs by hand... drills tend to break them.

When are you going to San Diego for training? I'd recommend March as it'll be a heck of a lot warmer than Conn... the bikinis are already out then and you'll be a stones throw from Coronado or Mission Beach. be sure they take you to Casa Guadalajara if you like Mexican food.

Good luck and thanks for the work on the site.

Anonymous
04-23-2005, 09:43 PM
I've beat out a lot of competing bids that specified Bay Audio speakers.

I've never heard them. Just seen pricing from other contractors. Seems like they are "mid-end"

How is the margin on those?

rhm9
05-01-2005, 07:44 PM
What did you beat them out with?

Chances are (because I've heard almost every brand out there) that you may be doing your customers a service by checking them out. The upper series are not "Mid End"... their entry level ones are. The upper series are some of the best you'll hear for their price points. Read above post for my other opinions.

The reason you have beat out the other bids is because you are a better salesperson... not really because of the brands. You'll probably continue to do just fine with what you have as long as you're not doing what a couple of sparkies are around here and selling MTX speakers as "Super High End" for $800.00 a pair to people who have entrusted them to do the right thing. Margin is not what you'll find on the hose job brands out there but is very respectable... win-win for you and your client. Give em'a listen and like I said above... you can't beat the support.

Brijaws
05-02-2005, 08:32 PM
I went to CA last week and was definitly impressed with there operation. We are going to be using BAY as our main line and surrender Speakercraft but keep Sonance (for there amps, and Ipod stuff).

I was not blown away by there upper ended peices, thou they sounder awesome, they were not the best iv ever heard for the price but were still kick ass. You definitly will make more money on the product hands down when comparing to the other guys - and they just sound better.

Iv never lost a job becuase our speakers were too expensive.

BTW - I got my ass kicked in the Mini GP race.

lowvoltguy
05-02-2005, 09:17 PM
I keep seeing the word MARGIN (not a bad word :D ) on this thread ... Their rep has come to see us ... Tell me how they sound in reference to the other lines you carry ...

Brijaws
05-03-2005, 07:49 PM
equal in some cases, better in all others.

What are you using to drive your DA systems? a Russound or Elan 20 Watt per channel amp, or a 60+ Watt per channel Crestron or equal?

Trust me, they sound better and you will make more money - and not be thrown to the wolves like the other guys.

Beau
05-13-2005, 04:07 PM
We typically use PSB up and down the line...Greaaaaaaaat margin and amazing speakers...haven't really had any reason to stray from PSB. But, like I eluded to earlier...Bay Audio seems to be a great line...I see it in a lot of bids. I just have never had a chance to hear them.