PDA

View Full Version : rain rain get the hell out of here.

Shadowman68
06-07-2005, 03:05 PM
Dear god, when is it going to stop flippin raining. Its been going non stop for about 8 or nine days now. Last I heard we had just over 6 inches of rain. They are saying it may stop by friday. They have been announcing flood warnings and sewer back ups about every half hour on the radio. Be good for 4x4ing when it stops. The city is basically at a stand still, roads are flooding, all construction has stopped. its the shits. The only people that seem to be working are the city guys. Guess its time they earned their pay.

roddymcg
06-07-2005, 08:06 PM
I guess you would hate to hear about the clear beautiful day we had here in So. Cal eh. :):)

Gary
06-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Columbia, MO...

85 and sunny.

RobbieS
06-07-2005, 10:23 PM
Owensboro, KY

92, Beautiful clear blue sky.

Only problem is the humidity makes it feel more like 122

AHEM
06-07-2005, 10:55 PM
Rain? Ehh, that's nothing.

Sunday I made the unfortunate decision to assist my neighbor in roofing his house. After getting one side completely stripped and halfway papered, a thunderstorm rolls through bringing with it much lighting, 60 mph gusts and 2-inches of rain. All the while, I'm on the peak of a 12x12 pitch roof throwing everything into trying to hold down the tarp while nails are driven into it.

On Monday, I backed my van up directly into the front end of a Honda Accord in the parking lot of a gas station.

On Tuesday (94 degrees), my central air broke and was diagnosed as being unrepairable.

Other then that, things have been great.

Kelly
06-08-2005, 09:49 AM
6 inches of rain in 8 or 9 days isn't a big deal...

Storm rolled through southern VA, Northen NC Yesterday. Dumping slightly more than 5 inches of rain in 1 or 2 hours.....

I was on I85/40 between Raleigh-Durham and Greensboro when a part of this hit.

The rain was coming down so hard that I couldn't see the hood on my pick-up.

Spent 20 minutes on the side of the highway.

jritch
06-08-2005, 09:54 AM
All of this seems foreign when you live in 'The Valley of the Sun' (it more closely resembles the face of the sun). Our yearly average rainfall is less than 9"...

AudibleSolutions
06-08-2005, 10:29 AM
My only issue with rain--and we have had tons in NY of late is that I now have a leak or something and when it rains the carpet in my basement office soaks up tons of water. By are my feed cold right now. The weather has no affect on my mood even when I had to walk through the torrential down pour 2 days ago without rain suit or unbrella.

Alan

Woody
06-08-2005, 11:29 AM
Living on the Wet (West) Coast of Canada we get pretty used to it. We do not tan we rust! Doesn't make it any easier, especially during pre-wire.

Mike

Coach
06-08-2005, 10:20 PM
Yeah, but....
Look at all the time it gives you to catch up on leads, proposals, invoices, collections, and customer follow-ups.