PDA

View Full Version : Zone 2 bleed thru on Denon..

RobbieS
06-11-2005, 04:03 PM
Hey all,

I've currently got 2 customers with denon receivers that when you turn on zone 2 you can hear that source through the main surround speakers. It is very faint but very noticeable especially during quiet scenes. They are 2 different model receivers. One of them I only hear it out of the left front speaker. The other from the Front Left, Front Right, & Center speaker.

Anybody else seen this??? Is there a cure or will I have to RA them?

Thanks

mr2channel
06-11-2005, 04:20 PM
are you using a second zone amp? do you have the gain turned up really high on the denons zone 2? usning a V/C? I have had this issue before w/denon and it was because the second zone was turned up too loud, try dropping the gain a bit.

RobbieS
06-12-2005, 12:49 AM
are you using a second zone amp? do you have the gain turned up really high on the denons zone 2? usning a V/C? I have had this issue before w/denon and it was because the second zone was turned up too loud, try dropping the gain a bit.

On one system I am using the zone 2 preamp out and going into a speakercraft MZC-66 BG music system. I leave it set on the tuner input and allow the MZC-66 keypads to access the tuner presets around the house. Haven't measured my output but The denon zone 2 volume is at
-10 so that it is the same level as the rest of the sources on the MZC-66.

On the second system I am assigning amplifier channels 6 & 7 so that zone 2 is powered. Again I have the zone 2 volume set at -10 and then run into 2 ELAN VSE volume controls. Each of these is controlled by an MX-350. One powers up the lower patio speakers. The other powers up the upper deck speakers.

mr2channel
06-12-2005, 01:41 PM
-10 is pretty high for a denon, unless you have a max volume issue in the second zone, I would turn the zone two down completely and then go and turn up the V/C in the second system and then go back and turn up zone two until it is as loud as you think they would ever play it, and then go back and see if you still have bleed, and check the level, I would bet you end up around -20 or even less. as far as the first system do the same thing except you are turning down all of the zone kepads that tie into the respective amplifiers and then go and turn the zone two back up, once again I would bet you end up @ -20 db or less.

mattwhitehcha
07-30-2005, 06:21 PM
Just wanted to say that i had the EXACT SAME PROBLEM!!!! PITA. Called my denon rep and was told that it was a defect in the reciever and it hadto be sent back for repair. These were cheap customers too. 8 pairs of speakers with impedence matching vc's. I feel like a hack when a customer demands installs like that.

BTW it was using an AVR1905 and the surround back channels

mattwhitehcha
07-31-2005, 06:50 PM
yeah unfortunately these customers have to wait for the 1906 to ship as replacement or else wait a month while its in repair. my distributor says the 1905 is sold out and that the 1906 will be 50 bucks more