PDA

View Full Version : Wireless headphones with dual inputs? Or??

PowerBridge
09-23-2007, 08:30 PM
Ok, We have a Dentist office install coming up and need to have 2 DVD sources feed via 2 cat5's to each of 4 TV's. Need switchable unit to allow componet video from the DVD's converting to cat5 and have standard audio follow to a wireless head phone system? I haven't done this set up yet, so thought I would put this out. Anyone else deal with this, and what did you use?

Thanks, Jim

djnorm
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
We did something similar with wired headphones a while back. There was a Niles ABC in-wall switch involved somehow. Memory's getting hazy... I think we had TVA-20's on the TV's feeding the ABC switch along with two house music feeds and the output went to a Niles speaker to headphone converter in the basement and then to a headphone extension with volume control up to the arm of the chair. As far as I know it's still up and running...

PowerBridge
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Thanks, I've used the TVA20 and ABC switches back in the day.. This dentist wants wireless headsets at each of the 4 TV's for his patients, no cords.
Most of the time the headsets will play the sound from the main DVD playing a movie on all 4 TV's. Except, he wants to be able to switch to a second DVD player in the equip. room for instructional DVD playback with video and wireless audio to the 4 TV's independently.

Fastfred
09-24-2007, 09:14 AM
How about FM modulation as an alternative?