PDA

View Full Version : IR Controlled Amplifiers

MikeTech
06-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Hey guys - long time no talk to....
I'm looking for a multi-channel amplifier with ir control. It does not need to be anything Hi-Fi, but the better the sound for the best price is always a concern. (This will be used at a friends house, not the usual customers budget) I did some quick research and found a Xantech unit PA 1235, PA 635 that looks like it will fit the bill but was hoping someone had something better they've used.

Thanks as always,

Mike

mr2channel
06-15-2005, 10:19 PM
those two from Xantech work great, I have installed both before, you will need the RC68+ remote control as well, you can change the code group and address for each pair of channels. sound is decent too, no music fidelity/audio research, but it will do, and not sound bad. if you do not want to use a Xantech amp you could use any amp and use the RGC11 REMOTE GAIN CONTROL MODULE or the RP41AV REMOTE PREAMP either would get the job done and are a "flat pack" design and accept IR, but once again you will need the RC68+ remote to program.

good luck, if you need help on Xantech gear, I use their gear alot, just drop me a line.

MikeTech
06-16-2005, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the reply. I've got the Xantech remote and am pretty familiar with their gear. Like i said earlier this is gonna be a simple 1 remote system for a friend who just wants music all around. It doesn't have to sound great by our standards.... If I tell him it does he'll believe me.

Mike

almostinverted
01-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Revox.

they "multi-room" 2ch amps have discrete power, ir volume, rear ir jacks, trigger control, loop outs, and sound very, very good. you've got to stack them, and use ir routing to control multiple rooms.

tomciara
01-02-2006, 01:36 PM
Revox? Makers of the A77 reel to reel? Still around? Not exactly your mainstream product...

almostinverted
01-03-2006, 01:50 AM
I was hired to program a system that was sold at an hi-fi store in seattle.
I was very pleasantly surprised at the controlability and performance of these little amps. I don't think I ever would have considered them before that job.

ATOH
03-01-2006, 02:05 PM
I know this thread is a month old but I was searching for something else and came across it.

The Marantz ZS5300 is also IR controlled with an IR input on the back. Only 3 sources, 3 zones, but you can stack them (3 sets of commands) or use IR routing and just use the default set of commands. More than 3 sources would require a matrix switch.

n_stallr
03-02-2006, 05:58 AM
I second the Marantz. I've used them in a couple jobs and they work great. Yes, they only have 3 sources, but there is an additional input for each specific zone. In one job I have 2 stacked for six zones, controlled by K2s. Works pretty well. I have a manual for it in PDF I could send you if you want to see if it will work for you.