PDA

View Full Version : Automated Jacuzzi cover

adigitaljohn
10-01-2007, 09:33 AM
Looking for some suggestions on an Automated Jacuzzi cover. This is an indoor room with Jacuzzi, Plasma and audio.

Client would like to be able to cover this so that they could put a message table on top. We have full access below this room.

Ideas, links?

Theaterworks
10-01-2007, 09:55 AM
Watch out for the life safety question here; the possibility that somehow that button gets pressed when there is someone in the tub, and the cover closes on them.

I did a pool cover open/close setup where the button needs to be held down for the entire time the cover is closing or opening, so that an inadvertent momentary press doesn't close the cover. Your programmer has specific experience with this.

D-A/V
10-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Like Owen Said. You need to keep the cover to code. I've automated some pool covers before and the button on the vantage system had to work like the key switch. It needed to be a push and hold to close and it had to be viewable (see the pool) from the where the button was being pressed.

adigitaljohn
10-03-2007, 06:11 AM
Zach, do you remember the manufactor of the pool cover system, so I can recomend to our builder.

Owen, advise accepted, and will probably stay away from this headache.

D-A/V
10-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Zach, do you remember the manufactor of the pool cover system, so I can recomend to our builder.

I don't know who made the cover but I do know that we would control the features by RS-232 and it was usually a Jandy controller. To control the cover, we would use a relay interface from the Key box controller to open and close the cover. I will try to find some old notes on the jobs.

def90
10-03-2007, 02:45 PM
All motorized pool and spa covers I have ever worked with are flexible, you would not be able to put a massage table on them.

http://www.coverpools.com/