PDA

View Full Version : Elan HD Programming

Greg_C
06-22-2005, 08:01 PM
I have a newer client who needs to have his Elan HD system reprogrammed. It was just in for service and to be upgraded with an new IR card. I am new to Elan, and was going to have another dealer program it for my customer. He had agreed to it before I sent it off. Now he is blowing me off. How hard is it to program?

Gary
06-22-2005, 10:10 PM
What are you controling it with?

Greg_C
06-23-2005, 07:27 AM
The older HD keypads. It's an HD 1000, not the newer 2000.

Gary
06-23-2005, 08:43 AM
For the older keypads you need a programmer from Elan, or you can replace the keypads with any learning keypad. When I have had to control the HD, I used serial with Crestron.

Do you have the manual? I may have one in pdf form if you need it.

Shadowman68
06-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I looked into the HDC1000 for another member on here, I spoke to a few of the techs at Elan, not many of them were around when the HDC1000 was in circ. It would probably take some digging to find an original programmer who still has the software to do it. The oldest version I have is 5.0 and it has nothing in it for the 1000, hell most of the guys I talked to at Elan didnt even know where to find a manual for it. I would probably take Gary's advice and try to control it via Crestron. If you would like I can call around again and see if anyone has found anything.
Let me know.

Gary
06-25-2005, 12:02 AM
The part you're programming is the keypad, you could just scrap the keypads and use anyones IR keypad. The codes are readly available.

Greg_C
06-28-2005, 09:17 PM
The other dealer finally got back to me, and will program tomorrow. I didn't want to get involved with this project anyway.

Shoe
06-30-2005, 10:42 PM
I haven't done one in a few years but The HD main unit got all the programming and could be done with the front panel switches. The keypads just work. Even the Z100/150 keypads required dipswitch settings to work the HD Elan. The manual used to be available, in the dealer section, on Elan's web site. Upgrade to the latest firware possible that will work with the current cards in the frame. You should be able to upgrade to the HD2000 software to a certain point but the most current firmware needs some newer cards in the frame as well.

Anonymous
09-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Yikes 1000 eh?

Let me know if you have any more questions or if that dealer doesnt come through for you.

Been an elan dealer for 10 years and my dad was actually one of the guys that started the products back at square d...

Brandon