PDA

View Full Version : source info

Shadowman68
06-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Im looking for some N Type Male connectors for a cellular repeater antenna. Anyone know of a good supplier?
I should add Im using LMR400 cable. The last ends I purchased were a miserable pain in the colon, the compression fitting inside would not compress and the end kept falling off. I ended up having to leave the braided strands a little long so the I could grab them in the threaded end.

PAAI
06-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Get the silver/teflon 2-piece N connectors. I have used many of them for about 12 years, but you know I have no idea of the name of the company that makes them. I usually buy them from local Hamfests and in packs of 10. I have lots of UHF/VHF antennas and radios that use N connectors and I was completely irritated with the compression style that exists. The O rings, the cable surgery involved were too time consuming, and the worst part is after you tightened the connector on the radio and the cable twisted---instant short.
AESham dot com probably has them and a search turned up the name andros. OR you could check with the ARRL.org for a local hamfest in your area and support a local business.

Kelly
06-28-2005, 08:48 AM
Where,

That avatar reminds me of an e-mail that's making the rounds. Have you seen it yet?

Two guys singing about seeing your camel toe......

PAAI
06-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Kelly,

NO, I have not seen the email. I have the Avitar from a Google search, which is related to the Bob and Tom CD CAMEL TOE, which is a spoof of a beach boys song. ROFLMFAO kinda song.

tomciara
06-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I'm guessing that Ham Radio Outlet would have those connectors - http://hamradio.com/.

Or, AES - http://www.aesham.com/.

Hams use a variety of odd connectors...

73 de KF6HLL

PAAI
06-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Tom, Did you participate in Field day?

N8YKC

PAAI
06-28-2005, 09:54 AM
SInce we are in the "ask the Professionals" area, What do you think of this avitar?
https://home.comcast.net/~premieraudio/NGM.jpg

tomciara
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Tom, Did you participate in Field day?

N8YKC

No, I'm not a field day guy. Although I have a decent Kenwood HF rig, I don't even use it. My wife and I plus three sons are all hams. We just do 2 meter and 440.

BTW, what part of Michigan are you in? I'm a Detroit native, grew up in Rochester, and plan a trip there plus trips up to the thumb and Mackinac Island with my family in August (if United will loosen up on their free tickets!@!!!)

One of the guys on a local repeater here talks to a friend of his in the Birmingham area via IRLP - W8BHF if I remember right??

Kelly
06-28-2005, 05:48 PM
Yup, the Bob & Tom song is what I was referring to.

And that other avatar?

Lends a whole new meaning to cookie monster....lol

PAAI
06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
Tom, I used to live in the rochester area back in 83-88. I live on the west coast now, near Lake Michigan. I use 2M FM and SSB. 70cm on FM and SSB. I have a general class license, though I rarely get out the Yaesu FT-100 for HF detail any more. I used to have a nice complete ICOM station with the IC-R9000, IC-781, IC-970H and a complete AZ-EL cross polarized antenna array for satellite work. Telex 40-10M Log periodic, inverted Vs for 80 and 160M.
I made contact wtih the MIR spacecraft before it got a little hot :) and RS-10/11 and RS-15 were regular SSB + CW fun. 160M AM too. Then the Kids came along and I sold most of my station, except for the IC970H. My wife is a Ham and has a Yaesu 2M in her car.
Birmingham is on the other side of the state and I no longer have a long vert. pol. yagi up, so I can't get any of those repeaters.
Tropo ducting, meteor scatter, and Auroa are fun in this area.

Where are you flying into?