PDA

View Full Version : Rear Projection Setup

rhm9
06-27-2005, 09:15 AM
I have a bare room to work with and the client wants a rear projection setup for lower fan noise and doesn't want to see the projector or its booth in his room. Since focal length is the same either way I want to shorten the rear projection with a mirror setup. I'd like the gear/ projection room to be around 6 feet deep maximum.

While I'm sure my vendors have solutions... I wanted to talk with you guys about what you've used and liked for this type of system. Anyone?

vwpower44
07-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Stewart Filmscreens rear Projection Mirror system with a runco projector and a lens should put you where you need to go, but with a price. You will probably have to use a projector that you can put a lens on to achieve your distance.

Mike

Kelly
07-07-2005, 07:46 PM
Used a Vutec mirror and screen with a Sharp Z w/custom lens, and it really did look very good.

I wonder just how good a Infocus 777 would look? Ought to be awfully good,. But is there a lens option that would work?

Bandar
01-01-2006, 12:48 PM
I used Da Lite with 2 mirror set up for 120"D (4:3)screen.

With 2 mirror we were able to make the rear around 7 ft.

It wasn't for HT but living room with lot of use during the day.

Customer were happy and the picture looks good.

I was also wondering what the picture will be with the SP777 after their price drop and they have 0.8 lens