PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi PDP RS-232

BCM-OZ
06-28-2005, 02:13 AM
Hi all,
Is anyone out there willing to email me a Crestron module for a reasonably current Hitachi Plasma (55PMA550). I'm under the pump, and hoping someone could save me some time! Thanks in advance.

AudibleSolutions
06-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Have you tried the old module in the Cresdb and /or available in the "whose Products do we control " folder on the web site? E-mail me the protocol and if Gary or Jaws confirms you are varrified I'll see if I can work up a module for you in the event the module on the Crestron web site doesn't work.

Alan

BCM-OZ
06-30-2005, 04:23 AM
Yeah, the CresDB module does squat! We don't sell Hitachi, so we're dealing with the product in the customers home. And our friends at Hitachi have been ignoring all emails and phone calls, I can't even get my hands on the protocol. Thanks for the offer thou'.
IR works reasonably well so it's not such a major stress now, it just looks ugly.

BCM-OZ
06-30-2005, 07:34 AM
P.S. - I had such a hard time finding the protocol, I have mirrored a file I found. It is located at http://secheraudio.com.au/documents/55PMA5505_ProtocolApplicationNotes.pdf

AudibleSolutions
06-30-2005, 11:35 PM
The Hitachis I dealt with all had mini DIN connectors for serial. If this is true for your current display are you certain you are at the rx$,tx$ and GND pins? Tx$ should have much higher voltage than rx$ which will still have some voltage on its pin. I am unaware that Hitachi has changed its protocol but hey, you never know, especially when your not a dealer.

Alan