PDA

View Full Version : Direct company buys.....

Kelly
06-28-2005, 05:55 PM
Anyone else have to deal with these da** deals where a consumer, through a relative, can buy direct from the manufacturer?

Customer wants 3 Panasonic PV-DF2735. His cost is about $50.00 less than my cost (that's per piece). AND he gets free freight......

****!

lowvoltguy
06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
I'd tell him go for it ... and my installation and programming is based on a hourly rate ... Jason (aka PHSJason) has a great form to CYA, including bench testing ... ask him for it ...

Kelly
06-29-2005, 06:39 PM
Actually a "good" customer.....Great guy...

His daughter works for Comcast and they get "deals" from Panny....

I told him he should go ahead with the purchase since I was going to be considerably higher....

He told me that was damned impressive of me to not make a big deal out of it, so much so, that he's treating me to golf on Monday.

The golf and lunch will set him back a couple hundred.....Go figure huh?

JLIntegra
08-18-2005, 02:02 AM
Good call on that. Traditionaly I do not install customers buys. But somtimes on displays I cannot compete but They always have to sign a waver saying we are not responsable for any warrnty claims and any calls relating to are billed as a service call. And there is a $200 install fee on top of hourly rate. I have only done this twice but bolth customers were happy I did not throw it back at them and they bolth still bought thousands in equipment.