PDA

View Full Version : Review of a DVDO HD+ video scaler

Theaterworks
07-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Would anyone be interested in a review on this? We've installed several recently, and I have some experience with this unit.

vette84
07-06-2005, 04:15 PM
Very much so.

n_stallr
07-07-2005, 11:58 AM
Yes indeed.

JeffG
07-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Yes I would like to hear your thoughts, we have been thinking of
getting one for the showroom just to play with it and see if it worthwhile.

AudibleSolutions
07-09-2005, 06:03 AM
While a product review would be great, what we really need is a comparison between the DVDO and the Lumagen. I have the Lumagen. Such a shame you are not local.

Alan

The8thst
07-14-2005, 09:55 PM
I have installed 4 HD+ scalers in the last few month, but I am too busy to write a full review.

I would very much like to read a good review from someone elses non-biased perspective. I will also add my thoughts after reading it.

soundinsights
09-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Would anyone be interested in a review on this? We've installed several recently, and I have some experience with this unit.

I have installed a few of the Ultras and was not very impressed. I would like to see if the product has improved any since then.

Steve

2ndRick
09-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Owen, if you want another set of eyes and another subjective opinion, I am willing to drive in.

Theaterworks
09-12-2005, 07:01 AM
I've installed several, the most recent at my house. I've used these exclusively with Samsung DLP RPTV's. Mine works nicely in contrasty scences, but I get some very strange almost psycheleic effects in lightly shaded areas. I was going to pull the system apart this week, try some bypassing of the unit, and see if the problem is with the Samsung or the DVDO. After that, I was going to call DVDO to confirm correct setup and ask why this is happening, and then post a review.

Rick, if you've got some information on this unit, please chime in.

2ndRick
09-12-2005, 04:22 PM
I was offering to come in and be a second voice to the review... I haven't used one of these...

I was the DVDO champion and got a sweet DVDO polo shirt out of the deal back when I was with my former employer.
We were the #1 DVDO distributor in the US for a few years running.

Anyway, the last video scalers we used were Faroudja NR-DVI 720P models. Those were well over a year ago now...

The most recent was with a JVC DLA-HX1 projector... and the other was with a Yamaha DLP at about the same time.