PDA

View Full Version : Lip Sync

OEX
02-03-2005, 09:32 PM
I just got done watching the Apprentice. I originally was watching on the HD channel but had a bad lip sync problem. I switched over and watched it through my TV tuner. I just installed the HD DVR by motorola cable box about 5 hours ago and havent screwed with it. I did manage to set it to record the show. It recorded it on the HD channel and the SD channel. The SD channel recorded fine. The HD channel and no lip sync problem but had half the image cropped off. So back to my problem. I was watching with the Lip sync problem but it didn't record it that way. Could the problem have been related to it being recorded off 2 different channels? I had zero problems on any of the other channels and had no problems on the next show/same channel- recording was over.

Thoughts?

Brijaws
02-03-2005, 09:37 PM
Are you using an audio receiver, or pumping it thru the TV? What kinda set?

We had this problem with a few Samsung DLP's - Samsung offered no basic fix - they were reshipping the base units.

OEX
02-03-2005, 09:49 PM
Its a 3 year old Pioneer Elite Pro620 RPTV. No reciever involved - sound right into the TV. Its connected with component video cables and analog audio. It was wierd that it was only one show (So far)

jritch
02-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Don't really understand why it would have a big problem using analog audio. But, logic would say that it's a processing problem in the cable box since it recorded the program without the problem. Maybe a memory error since you were recording two programs at the same time, while watching one of them.

The sizing issue sounds like a setup issue in the cable box. We run into SA boxes here with Cox, and I had a hell of a time figuring out the resolution setups the other day without a manual. Finally got that fixed right, though.

Just a ramble...