PDA

View Full Version : Dreamvision DreamBee

fluid-druid
11-29-2007, 01:38 AM
Wow, this thing rocks!

3 chip 1080p DLP....

Best blacks I've seen from a "new-school" projector.
Now they also have a motorized lens assembly for CinemaScope...

This projector (around $9000 Canadian) is ridiculously cheap for the picture quality (IMO)

With the projector, a good screen, and the CinemaScopa lens mechanism etc, its still under 25K. There is probably better out there for the $$... But I haven't seen it.

Mike Young
11-29-2007, 10:56 AM
I agree and that is why there is one in my personal theater. Due to my revised role in the industry I am going to sell my unit so if any of you have a client for it I would be thankful for any assistance unloading it. I will post the number of hours on it when I get home.

Avid67
06-08-2008, 11:06 PM
This projector is awesome. I have installed them with the DVDO VP50Pro and the image is amazing. I used to deal with the Faroudja 1080pHD and the DreamBee is superior.

ConCon
06-10-2008, 03:10 PM
Wow, this thing rocks!

3 chip 1080p DLP....

Best blacks I've seen from a "new-school" projector.
Now they also have a motorized lens assembly for CinemaScope...

It is my understanding that this PJ is a 3-chip LCoS .
Was there a previous model that was DLP based?
I have herd nothing but good reviews on them.

QQQ
06-10-2008, 03:23 PM
It is my understanding that this PJ is a 3-chip LCoS .
Was there a previous model that was DLP based?
I have herd nothing but good reviews on them.
Ya, unless some pricing revolution has taken place, there is no way this thing is 3-chip DLP. The cheapest 1080P 3-chip DLP is around 30K.

Zach.H
06-10-2008, 04:03 PM
The dreambee 1 is a clone of the RS1 and the Dreambee2 is a clone of the RS2. Of course, there are a few of enhancements on both that put the picture a notch or two above the regular JVC's.

The Dream Weaver models are DLP based, and the high end model before the Dreambee1 was a high end DLP. I believe it was a 3 chip DLP 720P if I remember right. I'd have to find some old price sheets to know for sure.

QQQ
06-10-2008, 04:08 PM
The dreambee 1 is a clone of the RS1 and the Dreambee2 is a clone of the RS2. Of course, there are a few of enhancements on both that put the picture a notch or two above the regular JVC's.
Of course, no re-badge has existed in the history of humanity without being "enhanced" ;). Otherwise it would simply be a re-badged product that is the same as the less expensive one, and we know that would be naughty, and no re-badger could ever acknowledge such a thing ;).

Zach.H
06-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Of course, no re-badge has existed in the history of humanity with being "enhanced" ;). Otherwise it would simply be a re-badged product that is the same as the less expensive one, and we know that would be naughty, and no re-badger could ever acknowledge such a thing ;).

Exactly right. I do know they look good, in either case.

Avid67
06-14-2008, 02:15 AM

The Dream Weaver models are DLP based, and the high end model before the Dreambee1 was a high end DLP. I believe it was a 3 chip DLP 720P if I remember right. I'd have to find some old price sheets to know for sure.

The high end projector was the Cinema TEN and it was indeed a 3 chip DLP. It has been replaced by the Cinema Ten'80 which is a 1920 x 1080, 16 x 9 projector.