PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Vnet rebranded Graphitefive and sold at ADI

PAAI
07-22-2005, 07:32 AM
Anyone actually use this stuff? I attended the meeting last year, but I found that the system was not ready for primetime for our use.

Do you think this is a way to get it to market by way of the security dealers and vacuum installers?

Kelly
07-22-2005, 08:57 AM
YES.

Pitiful, overpriced product, but I'm sure that there will be some of the guys that buy primarily from ADI that will foist this POS off on some unsuspecting consumers.

The local ADI branch has a unit on display that is operational. Connected to a pair of Proficient speakers and a CD player. Sound is horrendous. Display doesn't even show what CD is playing, let alone what track, etc.

Just for fun, price out doing 6 rooms with this thing....It's too funny.

ejfiii
07-23-2005, 07:16 PM
I saw it too at my ADI last week. Same demo setup. The ADI guy just didn't know why I thought it sounded so bad. He said those proficient speakers were top of the line.

He also told me that they were going to get the complete Pioneer plasma line and that I should switch from my Fujitsu's to Pioneers from them.

And to think, I only went there for a LSD tool. I dont even buy wire from them. LOL!

Anonymous
07-23-2005, 09:02 PM
I get my genesis 22/2 and 22/4 from them. I have been happy with it. Has anybody used 4 star wire and Cable. I swear I get a call from them every week. I don't mind, but I am happy with my current wire supplier.

AHEM
07-23-2005, 10:58 PM
If only ADI would stick to 22/2 and 22/4.

Kelly
07-24-2005, 06:44 AM
also told me that they were going to get the complete Pioneer plasma line and that I should switch from my Fujitsu's to Pioneers from them.

The guys I deal with at my local branch told me about ADI getting Pioneer plasma. We all shared a good laugh about it, since they know that they can't get close to the pricing that I get on this item, as well as other products....

I'm sure they'll sell some to the guys that buy all that Proficient, Denon, Grayfox, etc....

lowvoltguy
07-24-2005, 09:02 PM
YES.

Pitiful, overpriced product, but I'm sure that there will be some of the guys that buy primarily from ADI that will foist this POS off on some unsuspecting consumers.

The local ADI branch has a unit on display that is operational. Connected to a pair of Proficient speakers and a CD player. Sound is horrendous. Display doesn't even show what CD is playing, let alone what track, etc.

I just looked up this piece on ADI's site ... I'm assuming it takes 2 2x3's for six rooms of audio??? ... If I'm correct, I could get a customer into a little better system ... CRESTRON comes into mind at that price point ... MSRP for 6 rooms roughly $9k, for that piece??? ... Kelly, I'm I correct???

Kelly
07-25-2005, 07:13 AM
Sounds about right.....

I just can't fathom that anyone would have anything to do with this system....

Let's see:

Poor sound, lack of communication and high cost. Um, yeah, I think that should sell REALLY well..... :?

ATOH
07-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Proficient is part of a MUCH larger corporation that many of us here use. It's hard to believe that the speakers sound that horrible considering "momma" has pretty high standards for product branded SC. :-) Now, I will have to say that I've never heard a pair of Proficient speakers though in person.

I'd say it's that crazy system or all the vacuum guys messing with the demo.

AHEM
07-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Getting back to the original topic....

Let's see.....

Let's create a product, price it high, concentrate our efforts on marketing it to high end custom guys and then just as the product hits the market.........

Put it in 500 ADI branches!

How many marketing exectutives does it take to screw in a light bulb anyway?

AHEM
07-25-2005, 10:49 PM
That was a rhetorical question, but STILL!

zapper
07-26-2005, 10:16 PM
I had to check out this system during an ADI visit and also found the sound quality really lacked. but then i looked at the speakers being used they were not exactly doing the system justice. I always get a demo kit if its in a reasonable price range and so i did. when i tried this on my speakers back at the office it made a hell of a difference they could have used a much better choice than those on the demo. functionality wise i thought it was good took me no time to set up my demo case. I will keep watch of these as they have great potential.

-will

Anonymous
07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
[quote=Kelly] I'm assuming it takes 2 2x3's for six rooms of audio??? ... If I'm correct, I could get a customer into a little better system ... CRESTRON comes into mind at that price point ... MSRP for 6 rooms roughly $9k, for that piece??? ... Kelly, I'm I correct???

I'm not sure about ADI's pricing structure, but one of the big differences of this system with classic analog systems is there's no such thing as "X by Y" at the technology level
If you want sound in six rooms, you use 6 Touchscreen Amplifiers. How many encoders you use depends on how many sources you want to distribute.

Norton

Anonymous
07-28-2005, 05:53 PM
I had to check out this system during an ADI visit and also found the sound quality really lacked. but then i looked at the speakers being used they were not exactly doing the system justice. I always get a demo kit if its in a reasonable price range and so i did. when i tried this on my speakers back at the office it made a hell of a difference they could have used a much better choice than those on the demo. functionality wise i thought it was good took me no time to set up my demo case. I will keep watch of these as they have great potential.

-will

Thanks, Will. I'm really concerned about the feedback about poor audio quality on this forum... I'm the product manager for this gear, and for the application its intended for (distributed audio versus audiophile listening room) I believe it's among the best available. I'll be looking into what's happening with our point of sale demo systems to create such a negative perception.

Norton

Anonymous
07-28-2005, 06:06 PM

Kelly - when we've compared pricing with alternatives we find we're in the hunt with analog systems and well below available IP-based digital alternatives. We believe our solution is preferrable to the analog systems due to better sound, better user interface and better installation flexibility (any combination of sources and zones) What are we missing?

Thanks, Norton

zapper
07-28-2005, 09:02 PM
I have been reading this thread and I was puzzled at reactions to cost,

considering you can add to the system at any time, no expensive upgrades. You could go from a 1x1 to a 1000x1000 plus.

you can keep adding and adding touchscreens or encoders, and that's however many touchscreens you want. only one encoder per source is necessary.
I think these are competitively priced.

It seems to me that little actual time has been taken to review system operation and initial aesthetics are being reviewed instead of the product at hand,
It is true to promote this product the third party devices like the speakers could have been vastly improved but the amplifier (all part of the touch screen) can easily handle the speakers that are really used on a customers property, I know I have tried them.

I suggest a closer observation and if you can get a demo and check it out do it. I have been surprised by past demo's before, but I will enjoy using this product.

Anonymous
08-02-2005, 04:57 PM
What would a 6 room system with 4 sources cost MSRP?

I replied to Brad privately... bottom line, we don't set MSRP, see your distributor for a price quote, or Colorado vNet to discuss direct pricing.

Norton

zapper
08-12-2005, 07:08 PM
Hi Brad
Just interested to know if you have had any chance to take a closer look at the G5 equipment.
I agree with some "additional" hard buttons added for automated control this would make the system more appealing to the market.