PDA

View Full Version : Greetings form Grant's Pass Oregon

Gary
07-23-2005, 03:50 PM
http://usera.imagecave.com/puffer1968/oregon1sm026.jpg

http://usera.imagecave.com/puffer1968/oregon1sm032.jpg

ejfiii
07-23-2005, 07:11 PM
No shit. One of my best friends just moved there last week. And he moved his CI company with him from LA.

Small world.

Kelly
07-24-2005, 06:46 AM
NICE!

Scenery like that makes you want to move bag and baggage doesn't it?

PAAI
07-24-2005, 09:33 AM
Let's See how you like it in February

Gary: enjoy, anytime off is a good thing.

Gary
07-25-2005, 02:24 PM
I am so glad to be home, I've never been to a place where the people were so inhospitable, rude and insolent.

Glack for your sake I hope Medford is a much different place than Grant's Pass. I'm pretty sure their motto is "Grant's Pass, the most beautiful, rude, awful place on the planet."

Everyone knows I'm afraid to fly, but I couldn't wait to get on that plane Sunday.

Shadowman68
07-25-2005, 08:24 PM
I was in Oregon once. Just about got arrested for fueling up my truck at the Dalles. I pulled into a filling station and there was a local trooper there as well. I reached for the pump and he said dont touch that boy. I looked around and didnt think anything of it. didnt think he was talking to me. So I grabbed the pump and opened my tank and was about to put the nozzle in the tank when the trooper walks up behind me and says "Whach you doin boy?" I looked at him and said what? he grabbed the nozel from my hand and say "You wanna go to jail boy?" I gave him a stupid look like what the hell are you talking about. I said to him, do you mind? Id like to get going sometime today, I have a wedding to get to. Then he got a little mad and said " Well if I throw yer ass in jail you might be a little late wontcha." Finally the pump jockey came out and explained to me that its against the law to fuel your own car. The cop gave me adirty look and went back to his car. I went in and paid and got in my truck to drive away. The damn cop followed me all the way to portland.
This was about 10 years ago, not sure if they have changed that stupid law or not.

Gary
07-25-2005, 08:27 PM
This was about 10 years ago, not sure if they have changed that stupid law or not.

or not :roll:

w_home-tech
07-25-2005, 11:02 PM
the 76 station in Ashland was my fave... these hot lil 16 year old girls came out and pumped gas on my old sports car...

Some of my favorite people live in the Medford area... I think i still have a girlfriend in Ashland, too... I think I'll shoot her an email... LOL

Glackowitz
07-26-2005, 08:39 AM
Gary, Grants Pass is that way...and a little behind the times, Medford is a much better area, Its not a big city like Portland but it has its own ltle quarks. Oregon and I think rhode island are the only 2 states without self serve gas....kinda sucks waiting for the attendant. After living in Washington for several years and moving back it really pissed me off having to wait.

Ashland is a cool town, full of rich hippies and college students

Glack
Gary, Sorry I missed you while in town

w_home-tech
07-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Oregon and I think rhode island are the only 2 states without self serve gas....

Joisey

Ashland is a cool town, full of rich hippies and college students

and Tara Labs, too... the whole trip can be a tax write off if you go to Ashland... lol

(that's what i did 2 years ago when the west coast Fiat club had their yearly meet at Howard Prairie Lake Resort)

PHSJason
08-01-2005, 06:28 PM
I agree with Glack about Grants Pass, kind of a place to pass through, not visit. Ashland is a fun town to go spend a weekend in. Lots to do and see. I like Bend though, but I am biased.

Jason

Gary
08-01-2005, 07:31 PM
I agree with Glack about Grants Pass, kind of a place to pass through, not visit. Ashland is a fun town to go spend a weekend in. Lots to do and see. I like Bend though, but I am biased.

Jason

You ever had the cops knock on your door at 3am for "sleeping to loud" in Bend?

Kelly
08-02-2005, 06:54 AM
You ever had the cops knock on your door at 3am for "sleeping to loud" in Bend?

Now THAT brings back a memory of WAY, WAY back....

Right after graduating from UC I ended up driving a semi (a long story).

I got into this little east Texas town about 10:30pm one spring. Pulled up to the gated entrace to the dock area where I would be delivering bright and early the next morning. Parked the rig right by the gate, checked in with little old guy doing gaurd duty at the time, and then proceeded to crawl up into the sleeper for some much needed rest.

Along about 1am there's a loud banging on the side of the rig. I wake up to some old geezer, who has just now taken the place of the little old guy who was doing guard duty, hanging off the side of the rig. He's starts ranting about how I can't park there, I got to move my damn truck, and I got to do it now. This old goat sounded just like something out of Smokey and The Bandit....Almost exactly like Gleason when he says "you in biggg trouble boy".....

I told him he needed to get his sorry old butt off of my truck, or I was going to come out there and kick his ass all over the parking lot. And apparently that didn't sit too well....

7am in the morning there's another assault on the sides of the rig. Only this time it ends up being a local county sheriff.

Seems the old fart had swore out a warrant.

So for those that think it can't happen. YES, I was truly arrested for sleeping in Texas.

Ultimately the company took care of the situation. After all, it was a company truck, a company driver, parked legally on the company property. They did fire the little old nutcase security guard, and I got a nice bonus (to keep me from suing).

Glackowitz
08-08-2005, 11:27 AM
No sh@%. One of my best friends just moved there last week. And he moved his CI company with him from LA.

Small world.

ejfiii what was/Or is the name of his company?? We had a guy come in a few weeks ago asking about a job and slipped saying he wanted to work for us awhile and then start his own company. The newest comany in town we have seen is out of Merlin(just a couple of miles form Grants Pass) is cinematronics or systemtronics.

Good to see a few new companies in town, as the trunk slammers are now being figured out and losing clients pretty quick

ejfiii
08-08-2005, 03:10 PM
Hey. Name in LA was Home Theater Domain. I am sure he is using that up there too. Not sure they have done much up there yet as it seems like they are taking it slowly. Working on one builder house right now and all the future builder homes that this builder does. Not sure the name though.

My friend is going to build a home too, so they are just renting a house now.

If I learn more I'll let you know.

Glackowitz
08-08-2005, 03:37 PM
Cool Thanks for the info, I will keep an eye out for him. We dont do much in Grants pass anyway but I can give him a few names, as My cousin is a custom home builder over there and does most of his homes...we dont do them as Grants pass is 30 miles away and we have enough business here in Medfors as it is

ejfiii
08-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Cool, thanks. I'll point him to your post (he's a member but never posts).

His name is DJ.