PDA

View Full Version : XM radio - what do you have

sirroundsound
07-24-2005, 10:11 AM
I have an hour commute to my office, and am getting tired of listening to FM radio. I have looked at the Delphi Roady2, and the new Sky-fi 2. Just wondering who out there has XM radio in their car or truck, and which model.
I also have been looking on line to try to find a deal. From what I have seen, I can buy from e-bay or other places south of the border for less than the distributer "dealer" costs up here.

mr2channel
07-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I do not have either system, but looked into both, and this is what I have found...1) the "dealer" price was not much cheaper than retail 2) the sound quality was horrid!(I guess that could be subjective, I am very picky about SQ) , even less than MP3 compressed.

my .02

Darren
07-27-2005, 04:06 AM
I use SIRIUS in my truck, and am on my second year subscription. I let my subscription lapse for about 6 months... then renewed as I got so damn tired of all the commercials playing rather than actual music on local public radio. I often travel a 500 mile commute for dealer product training, it's great to have the same stations available and not having to do constant station searching! Dealer cost on both XM and SIRIUS is pretty good. I use a KENWOOD receiver/CD player with integrated SIRIUS. DBL Distributing is always running dealer specials on both XM and SIRIUS hardware.

tomciara
07-27-2005, 10:22 AM
I believe if you sign up as an XM dealer you can ask for and get one free demo account. Don't know if they still do that.

vette84
07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
We just checked into XM, you get five free demo acounts as long as you sell 6 subs per quarter

Matt
07-27-2005, 10:19 PM
Our office and showroom are in two different locations so we have 10 free activations. :D

sirroundsound
07-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Can I have one?? UP here north of the border we are not supposed to have them, just like Directv. They will start something up here
soon, but I am sure they will muck it all up,. So I was told to try and get one now before the Canadian version starts.

idodishez
07-29-2005, 12:07 AM
We are XM and Sirius dealers. We havent sold one to date. I simply am not pushing them because the margin is not there. I however have an XM demo in my work truck, a Siurius demo in my car, showroom, and dads car, with more Sirius demos available. I have not had ONE call asking about my lack of sales.

Also, I havent listened to regular radio in the last few years, as long as Im in my vehicles. It is SO nice not to have to listen to the shock jocks and morning show attempts at "humor"