PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic 50" Plasma TH50PX50U Ir Discretes?

Den_Collins
07-26-2005, 01:45 PM
:?: Newbie Question..
Does anyone know if there are IR Discretes (Other than ON/OFF)for a Panny TH50PX50U? I searched High and low at remote central and none of them work. I even went to the trouble of using IR tools and Makehex to generate a Hex file. So far nothing...The Panny .irp file lists a protocol of 128.0 While IR tools generates a protocol of 128.4. What gives? Some of the 128.0 hex device codes work (Just off & on) But do not as far as changing inputs/aspect is concerned. I find it hard to believe that Panny wouldn't include any discrete codes for a 50' Plasma. Or is this model just to new and nothing has been posted. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Greg_C
07-29-2005, 10:23 AM
Stopped using Panny after they dropped discretes on the 20 series. Good luck. :cry:

tomciara
07-29-2005, 12:08 PM
I haven't tried the aspect discretes lately, but a two step TV/VIDEO plus '2' gets component 1 for instance. I don't think it's a major issue to press T/V plus a number to get an input, especially when it seems to work each time.

At least the discrete on/off work. The worst Panasonics had a discrete off but NO discrete on. That was a piece of work.

Den_Collins
07-29-2005, 07:28 PM
tomciara :

Thanks for the Tip. This solution will work much better then what I have now. At present, I have a pronto macro to set the TV to Channel 00 and then it has to Toggle through to the the desired input.

A two step TV/VIDEO plus '2' would be an easy macro to setup. Not to mention a heck of a lot faster to get to the desired input.

Thanks so much for good advice!

tomciara
07-30-2005, 02:22 AM
Sure, glad to help. Hey, let me know how your aspect button works. Mine worked with DVDs and SD TV but with a HD signal it did not function.

Den_Collins
07-31-2005, 09:39 AM
tomciara :

Actually, all of the buttons worked fine using your method. I'm not sure what you are refering to on the HDTV thing. I am using a Cable box connected via the HDMI input for HDTV. I haven't gotten as far as using the "Cable Card" to directly tune into HDTV. Comcast advised me that if I used this "Cable Card" I would lose "On Demand" and the Guide.
So, I opted to stick with the set top box for a while.

Anonymous
02-10-2006, 01:09 PM
Where did you find the Hex codes for the TV/VIDEO ....I've searched remote central and the tv/video codes ive tried arent working...can you help??

roddymcg
02-10-2006, 10:55 PM
I wish you well if you try the cable card, thorn in my side so far. Clients insists on no cable box, but has had problems using the cable card with Cox cable since day one. O yeah, and the discrete issues.

Wonder why I have not used a Panasonic since, go figure.