PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, the HEAT..........

Kelly
07-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I gave it up yesterday around 4pm, as the temp hit 103....

Today I didn't even bother going out as the temp ran up to 105.

It's now nearly 6pm and it's still at 103.

Do have a couple small things to do tomorrow, or I wouldn't even bother until Thursday when it's supposed to get back to a routine 90.....

vwpower44
07-26-2005, 04:53 PM
I was in the attic today for about 10 minutes and it was rough. I will have to push the job off until thursday. 114f with the heat index (Whatever that means) Its friggin hot.

Mike

ssamsal
07-26-2005, 06:06 PM
Funny stuff.... I had two major prewires the past couple of weeks with all my installers on site. Amazingly enough nobody complained about. It's been over a hundred, last week over 110 degrees for awhile now. Funny how the guys get used to this kind of heat, I couldn't do it.

roddymcg
07-26-2005, 07:29 PM
Was in an attic this morning, had to get out early. It got up to a whopping 82 degrees.

Thank goodness the ocean is near.

Gary
07-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Funny stuff.... I had two major prewires the past couple of weeks with all my installers on site. Amazingly enough nobody complained about. It's been over a hundred, last week over 110 degrees for awhile now. Funny how the guys get used to this kind of heat, I couldn't do it.

...but it's a dry heat.

lowvoltguy
07-26-2005, 09:34 PM
I remember when I was in high school, I worked for an electrican during the summers as a "grunt" ... I remember crawling around in attics ... 90+ degrees outside, must have been 120+ in those attics ... and I'll NEVER forget driving an eight foot ground rod into the hard packed dirt in the middle of the summer (those were lots of fun :wink: ) ... Ah, to be young again ... Hats off to the guys in the field ... I'm putting on my technician cap tomarrow, most of it will be inside (climate controlled :D ) ... I'm not looking forward to the few hours I have to spend outside installing ... Lots of water is the key ...

Anonymous
07-27-2005, 09:50 AM
[quote=ssamsal]

...but it's a dry heat.

If that's the case you should move here, it's great !!

Kelly
07-27-2005, 05:35 PM
...but it's a dry heat.

I was in Vegas in July one year. That 113 degree "dry" heat like to killed me....

And then I was in Vegas when it snowed last year during CES. Everyone referred to it as being a DRY snow..... :lol:

And of course it's always a DRY rain when it's raining..

Greg_C
07-29-2005, 10:02 AM
Just got back from the Boy Scout National Jamboree in VA. It was 104 on wed. and the heat index was at 117. Made us wait for hours in the sun after they re-arranged the schedule to have Pres. Bush come earlier than schedule, so had over 300 scouts and leaders have to be taken to local hospitals due to the heat. After all that he cancels. Yesterday dropped to a comfortable 83.

just_program
08-01-2005, 02:10 PM
Last week was nice here. Average high was in the low to mid 90's. Humidity averaging a balmy 99% with a 'feels like' temperature of 115. Yep, perfect temperature and conditions..........for a rainforest. I seriously think I need to invest in scuba gear for going outside. That way I wont have to worry about drowning by breathing. With it being this hot, this early, I am fearful for what the hot months will bring. August and September are usually the worst in the south. For those of you who havent experienced the wonderful weather down here, just imagine living in a sauna every day of the week. I would say that I prefer a 'dry heat' but hot is hot no matter how you look at it.

The8thst
08-02-2005, 11:51 AM

...but it's a dry heat.

As my brother inlaw who lives in AZ replied to that: try turning your oven on, letting it preheat, and sticking your head in there! Its only a dry heat.

Pilgrim
08-06-2005, 01:17 AM
It's been in the hundreds here too!

I've done three-15hr prewires(60-140 miles away; and I wanted to get them DONE!!!) this week!

It sucks when you have to go outside to cool off!!

I shouldn't complain.

Today I did a trim-out. The house must have been 75 degree's!

Burrrrrrr!!!! :wink: