PDA

View Full Version : LCD vs DLP... Who's camp are you in?

RobbieS
07-28-2005, 08:55 PM
Just wondering which way this crowd leans. Personally I like the DLP much better than the LCD. What do you guys think??? Yes.....I know all about the JVC HD-ILA and think it is remarkable. But usually when I mention it to customers I see their eyes glaze over. So which is it DLP or LCD and why?

lowvoltguy
07-28-2005, 09:55 PM
JVC's D-ILA ... Because it's the best rear projection "slim line" made, no if, ands or buts ... Oh, you're asking for the second best :wink:? ... DLP gets the second "best" vote, IMHO ... Good DLP sets? ... Toshiba Cinema Series ... Optoma ... Why? ... Toshiba's picture looks great ... Optoma has great styling and a very good picture ... Again, IMHO ... Everybody has their favorites, these are just mine ...

OEX
07-30-2005, 09:36 AM
Brad,

The Sammies can look good? I did a few, and after programming the remote, I just wanted to bury the thing at the bottom of the Ocean. I set the front controls and called it a day. IMHO They looked like dog doo. They can look much better? I quit selling them do to poor video quality and HORRIBLE control. How were they to set white balance, etc? Could it be done via the front panel or service menues?

JLIntegra
08-18-2005, 01:41 AM
Well I sell directly for bolth. I am a Epson dealer and a Optoma dealer. I kindof lean tward the DLP but after I seen the 1080p Livingstation at CES I may be swayed. Rumor has it that Optoma has a DLP version coming along with Smellsung and Trashibia. Although if you have seen the Sony Qualia 006 LCD may be the winner.

Matt
08-18-2005, 09:48 PM
PLEASE, were with the DILACP camp who will smoke all who stands in the way. :twisted: