PDA

View Full Version : Graphite Five

Pax
07-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I've been using A-Bus for awhile now and it's been getting the job done but nothing too great. My installs are getting a little higher end and I'm starting to look into something with a little more quality. I was in ADI today and looked at a Graphite Five system and it looks sweat. I’m tempted to get one to give a try. Anyone use them? Good/Bad?

The scalability and screen look awesome. It also sounds so much better than A-Bus.

Let me know what you guys think.

Kelly
07-29-2005, 06:18 PM
If you want to go upward a bit, why not stay with the Russound line and start selling the CAM/CAV series?

My opinion of the Graphite is that it's just not ready for prime time.

It's YOUR reputation that is put at risk by going out with a product that is seemingly still in beta test mode..... :!:

Matt
07-29-2005, 08:31 PM
The first thing you need to do is look outside of ADI for distributed audio equipment. Do some research and put some real time into it, Russound would be a ok place to start, big thing is, stop listening to the salesman's crap and think for youself. There are tons of great options, learn and
decide whats best for your business model.
Again, the key word is learn.

zapper
07-30-2005, 09:14 PM
Hi PAX

I agree look at other distributors they have a good selection, this will expand your options on what to provide your customers with.

As for Graphite 5 I have used the equipment and personally find it equal to other systems on the market,
I think what I really liked was that it was end user friendly and installer friendly too.
I have also seen the product on the link below its displayed on the home page with Russound gear.

I have mentioned on another thread that if you have the opportunity pick up a demonstration and see for yourself,

These forums are a great way of picking up what type of systems are used, we are normally very skeptical on new products, but the only way I make my mind up is to test it first.

http://www.futurehomesystems.com/index.shtml

best of luck,

Pax
08-03-2005, 05:32 PM
I broke down and bought a small Graphite Five system at ADI today. They have a special of one encoder and one screen for $599 and I just couldn’t resist. I figured if I didn’t like it I could return it. All I can say is this system rocks. There really is no comparison to an A-Bus system at all. It sounds great and was easy to setup and commission even for me. I was even surprised by the amount of power it put out.

I did have one problem. The CD in the box wouldn’t come up on the computer (scratched CD). I called tech support and talked to Paul. He was great, answered all my questions pointed me to the download file on their website and made sure I didn’t get stuck. Any company that provides the type of support these guys do in this day and age deserves my respect.

I really recommend anyone who has thought about giving them a try get out and do it. You won’t be disappointed.

zapper
08-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Pax

It is good to see this getting reviewed this way,
I replaced my demo as I took the original home and installed it.

Have you used it as a demo to a client yet? I have done seven and installed 3 of them so far. My clients love it knowing they can expand as and when it suites them.
I am still impressed with the ease of use and I have my own speakers that show the real potential on my demo pack.

I do get asked about color and I have been told that a color version will also be available.

Keep us updated with your results.