PDA

View Full Version : CEDIA Icons???

mr2channel
02-04-2005, 10:10 AM
I have the ver. 1.0 Icons for sub systems, but does anyone know of a standardized list of Icons for room or zone identification, I.E. master bedroom =MBR or Kitchen=KIT......

TIA

Trey

install1
02-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Nope, never heard of one but wouldn't hurt if there was one. It would be better than walking into a job and seeing. JBR.............Wtf does that mean. Then you find out that 7 years ago the previous owners had a kid named Jeff and it was his bedroom. 8 bedroom house, 3 floors, wires labelled on one end......didn't need to hit up the gym that week.

mr2channel
02-14-2005, 07:17 PM
yeah you would think something like this would exsist. TIA has standards for telecommunication labeling, why not A/V integrators?

vwpower44
02-14-2005, 10:24 PM
We started using North, South, East, and West. Northeast bedroom, south sitting room, etc. This has helped alot.

Mike

FRR
02-15-2005, 08:56 AM
Does the architect use room numbers, if so, just follow that convention.

(i.e. basement room numbers = 1- 99, ground floor romm numbers = 100 - 199, second floor rom numbers = 200 - 299,...etc)

This basic numbering conventing works well for defining all systems within a house.

If not use it anyway, just go left to right on the plan, just be consistant from house to house, in your plans.

whdigital
02-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Echo what FFR says. I'll just add that I usually take the floor plan, (or my own crude sketch of it even) and start "top left" and work clockwise numbering rooms and working from bottom floor up. We also take each category of wire and initial/acronym it: P for Phone/Telco, D for Data, CATV for Cameras, C for Cable TV, SAT for Satellite, etc.

The important part is that we mark this floor plan with every cable that is home run, (P1, D1 or "S1" means that location has structured - 2 x 5e + 2 RG6 and then the head ends are labled individually). We leave that floor plan taped to the inside of the can cover. My theory is that is that the next guy shouldn't suffer if we were too stupid to lose the client. Also, I can't remember what the heck I did at houses years ago! 8O

mr2channel
02-15-2005, 07:05 PM
Thanks guys, I appreciate the suggestions, most of which I already use. What I was hoping for was a STANDARDIZED format that the industry as a whole uses, BUT since that does not exist, I guess I will continue with the format I have already in place (similar to most of the suggestions).

Appreciated anyway