PDA

View Full Version : How many of you enjoy what you do?

Matt
07-30-2005, 02:16 AM
How many of you enjoy the work you do. Do you love it, tolerate it or hate it?

Matt
07-30-2005, 02:20 AM
This is a very basic question that doesn't require a detailed reason why, however, if you must truely speak the A/V gospel then have the floor.

Greg_C
07-30-2005, 08:38 AM
It beats working for a living! :lol:

OEX
07-30-2005, 09:33 AM
I really dig spending other peoples money on really cool stuff.

I do REALLY F$CKING hate some of the BS we have to put up with though. You know, non-payment, 'ever since you were here',

I like my job 85%. The other 15% I think about changing professions

AudibleSolutions
07-30-2005, 09:33 AM
Depends on how many out of box failures/software screwups I have to deal with on any particular day. I seem to have a personality that love chaos. I love this business; more especially when everything works, continues to work, and the checks clear.

Alan

roddymcg
07-30-2005, 09:47 AM
I agree with Alan there, if the product is working then I usually love my job. Plus seeing the smiles on peoples faces when a good project comes together is awesome.

I guess like everything else there is a lot of BS we have to go through as well, but since I will never make any money golfing I guess it is A/V installs for a living 8).

sirroundsound
07-30-2005, 03:23 PM
Like my wife says, you get paid to go to rich peoples homes and watch TV and listen to their stereo's, how much easier could you want it.

rmht
07-30-2005, 09:21 PM
I like being my own boss, I love the none 9-5 aspect and I love tearing up nice homes then putting them back together better than I found them. Very satisfying.

And like Alan I thrive in chaotic and unpredictable situations and constantly adapting, or at least attempting to.

I also inform all customers during ski season that if more than 8" falls anywhere, they will not see me that day. Not too many bosses allow that.