PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor TV?

Gary
08-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I have a client that really wants a TV on their deck, has anyone done this? How?

sirroundsound
08-03-2005, 06:59 PM
http://www.sunbritetv.com/, I haven't tried them, but found this link somewhere and figured I better keep it around.

AVSlash
08-03-2005, 09:16 PM
When confronted with this I mounted an inexpensive standard 27" CRT using a Peerless ceiling mount underneath the covered porch. It requires an occasional dusting, and does receive some indirect misting during intense rains, but after three years it is still going.

On my own patio, I have a tv mounted in an armoire/garden cabinet that my wife has integrated into her outdoor furniture scheme. Nothing fancy but it keeps it dry. Very nice to lay on the glider, have a beer and watch football on nice fall days in Texas.

AudibleSolutions
08-03-2005, 09:42 PM
The contractors for whom I worked with in Boston installed tons of flat panels in Fenway Park. They used an outdoor bracket/enclosure. Obviously, if no one puts it back in its enclosure there is a problem but 1.5 years later and all displays are in working order. If you need specifics contact me off line. I'll have them get me the info.

Alan

Fastfred
08-04-2005, 07:40 AM
Peerless makes an environmental enclosure for 27" tv's. They are made as ordered (not custom sized), and it takes a while to get. Certainly costs more then the crt inside them.

Kelly
08-04-2005, 04:54 PM
I have a client that really wants a TV on their deck, has anyone done this? How?

The "budget" way?

A recessed, or built out storage area, that will hold whatever size you wish to use. Closing and locking doors to protect the set when not in use. And NO access to the interior of the home through the enclosure.

I've built one (a 36") into the backside of the patio grille enclosure before. Did it in the same manner as above, and it's been out there for maybe 5 years now.

lonny
08-04-2005, 10:42 PM
Guys, check this out... My mother found thing in the Newsday today... she thinks it is going to be a real seller... hahahha.... the best outdoor entertainment out there...

http://www.frontgate.com/fg/pdp.jsp?prod_oid=3839328&showarrow=y&category_key=-13578&cursor=0
http://www.frontgate.com/fg/pdp.jsp?prod_oid=3838860&showarrow=y&category_key=-13658&cursor=6

Lonny

Greg_C
08-04-2005, 11:52 PM
Lonny, I'm glad the blow up big screen has a high output DLP projector, or I wouldn't be able to watch High definnition! :lol:

AudibleSolutions
08-19-2005, 12:34 AM
If you need a hermeticly sealed enclosure try
http://www.premiermounts.com/product.asp?PartID=936

However, at Fenway the display is only used when the cover is open. Therefore that contactor went to a metal shop and had them build a custom box with a hinged door from stainless steel.

If the unit will only be used when the door is open it will be much less expensive to have the metal shop fabricate the solution. Otherwise spend the big bucks on the premade Priemere solution. That was the advise fromt the Great White North.

Alan

AudibleSolutions
08-19-2005, 10:15 AM
Gary:
My Boston contact has returned from his brief vacation. If you need additional info I can put you in touch with him directly.

Alan

OEX
08-29-2005, 09:23 PM
Alan,
If you have a contact for a weatherproof enclosure I would greatly appreciate. I have a client that has to have something outside. I think it would be really cool to make a waterpoof enclosure made from dark smoked plexiglass and have the face removable or flip down to expose a 37" lcd on an articulating arm. Any ideas?

w_home-tech
08-30-2005, 10:18 PM
here's another vote for Sunbrite.

Their 30" LCD screen will be available in October (or so they say)

flcusat
12-09-2005, 06:18 AM

Gary: Did you ever got a solution to this?. I reviewed the link to the Premier Mount's enclosure but is an indoor enclosure actually. The Sunbrite approach looks good to me but the 32" is supposed to be available in 2006. I'm going to call both SunbriteTV and Premier Mount to try to get more info on this

triz
01-30-2006, 07:07 PM
i've used the Sunbrite. It works great and looks great.

flcusat
01-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Which size? Is the 32" available already?

Gary
01-30-2006, 10:00 PM

Gary: Did you ever got a solution to this?. I reviewed the link to the Premier Mount's enclosure but is an indoor enclosure actually. The Sunbrite approach looks good to me but the 32" is supposed to be available in 2006. I'm going to call both SunbriteTV and Premier Mount to try to get more info on this

The wife pulled the plug on the whole project.