PDA

View Full Version : Universal remote codes to AMX

sirroundsound
08-05-2005, 09:26 PM
Have a product that I am not likely to find on remote central, they shipped without a remote, My programmer is almost done. I was told that they could send me an "mcx or mxc" file which is for the MX 700 or 800 I believe. I haven't use these remotes so am not familiar with the coding. If I have a file with all the codes I need, and I go to remote central where I imagine I can get the software to look at it, can they be converted to hex? or some other way to get them into my AMX Netlinx, without having to go and buy one of these remotes just to learn the codes through the AMX iris?
I know lots of you use these remotes, and there are lots of Crestron guys here, but I am sure there are a few AMX pros around too.

mr2channel
08-06-2005, 06:21 PM
if you can get the codes you need in the CCF format (read pronto) then you can use the universal browser in the URC-HTM software to convert it to what the HTM will use.

hope that helps

ejfiii
08-06-2005, 09:22 PM
A HTM file (mxd or mxf) will have no way to see/get the hex codes using the HTM software. A Pronto CCF will allow you to see the hex codes using Pronto software.

If you cant get a ccf (and the hex codes) and you can only get a htm file, I'm afraid you'll have to get a remote and learn the commands into your AMX system.

Sorry.

Gary
08-06-2005, 11:58 PM
If you run out of options, send me the mxd file and I can learn it into a pronto and send you the pronto hex codes. I assume you can get the Pronto hex codes to work with AMX?

sirroundsound
08-07-2005, 07:12 PM
Gary,
Thanks for the offer, it' says it's an mxf file, is that different?
If I try to PM you I can't see anywhere to add an attachment, so I will need some way to contact you. My e-mail should be visible, maybe you could contact me and we can go on from there. Really appreciate the help, nothing worse than getting a very expensive DVD player sent without a remote, and to make matters worse, there is an RS232 port on the back, but it's only used for updates, supposedly all the other installers have never asked or complained about it.

Gary
08-12-2005, 09:08 PM
How did this work out?

sirroundsound
08-12-2005, 10:06 PM
So far so good, stupid DVD player/scaler ended up needing 2 ir emitters, located in 2 different places. Caught us off guard, we had the scaler doing the video switching OK, but then tried the DVD functions, and nothing. Moved the eye, and great the DVD worked, but the switching stopped.