PDA

View Full Version : Under Cabinet LCDs

clinthicum
01-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Two of my customers are interested in under cabinet LCD for their kitchen renovation projects. It seems that all the mounts I've come across only handle LCDs up to 15" or 17". I was hoping to be able to squeeze a 19" Samsung LNT1954 (white) under a kitchen cabinet.

Anyone have tips on good under cabinet TV/mount combinations?

The mounts I've looked into include: Chief (FSD-110) , Sanus (VMUC1) , Omnimount (75/100 FD).

Also...most of the mount seem to require at least 1.5 - 2" of reveal or molding on the base of the cabinet in order to hide the view of the TV mount. In high-end custom kitchens, do cabinet makers end up creating even more of a pocket under the cabinet in order to be able to hide a TV/Mtd combination?

flyingmachine
01-27-2008, 05:11 PM
How deep are the cabinets?

jwjames83
01-27-2008, 06:33 PM
It's such a shame that they don't make the iCEBOX anymore. :( So sad . . .

PAAI
01-27-2008, 09:05 PM
How deep are the cabinets?
That was also going to be my question.

Most upper cabinets are 12" deep so you will not get a 17" to flip up under the cabinet with out the thing sticking out. Just take some dimensions with you as ammo for the next client meeting.
The Samsung 17" is 15.5" x 15.75".

The larger the panel is just that much farther the hinge point is to the back wall.

Talk them into putting the TV behind some useless cabinet above the refrigerator or elsewhere and you can sell them a 23"-27" and make more money and make them happier.

If you would like a picture or two, I will send you some.

djnorm
01-27-2008, 09:13 PM
I've also had good luck finding a dead corner of counter space and convincing them to leave it on the foot... :D

config
01-28-2008, 10:14 AM
I spoke with the guys at Activated Decor after seeing a recommendation here and am trying out one of their lifts for my showroom. I also noticed a drop-down lift they have - looks like it takes up the majority of the space of the cabinet (similar to just installing it inside) but wouldn't be obstructed by the open door.

http://www.activateddecor.com/pdfs/TFT50-70-SPECS.pdf

Elston
01-28-2008, 02:10 PM
I haven't done an undercab bracket in years. We just do an articulating in a dead spot of space and usually get a 23" or 26". When not in use push flat to the wall and it stays pretty much out of the way.