PDA

View Full Version : NAD T755 or other 5 Series

avzone
02-06-2008, 01:16 PM
We've been an NAD dealer for about 7 years and fell victim (like so many) to the T752 problems as well as other NAD products. We lost a lot of time and money resolving NAD issues. So we haven't even thought about the new 5 series, but we're starting to get inquiries. What's been your experience with the new line? I'm interested to hear about anyone's actual experiences with performance and reliability. Even more interested in the T755 specifically, but other models will do.

So what say you? Does NAD have a winner with the new 5 series?

Matt
02-06-2008, 01:20 PM
I got so sick of waiting for product that I had to sign marantz. I am not happy with them either. I am interested in the 5 series also and may have one going in soon. I will let you know if I do end up using it.

eastonaltree
02-06-2008, 02:51 PM
I installed a 765 in my showroom a couple of weeks ago, and really like it. It sounds really great (like most NAD), much better than the Denon and Integra that preceded it. It is kind of light on features (surprised?), but with the Audyssey it sounds great. 5 configurable presets, and a great new crestron module. The only pain in the a$$ is that you still can't set it up from the front panel! But it sure sounds good. Isn't that what a receiver is supposed to do?

avzone
02-07-2008, 08:03 AM
Hey! Where are all the other NAD dealers? Have you all gone the way of the "Doh! Doh! Bird?" (Think Homer Simpson)

flcusat
02-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Hey! Where are all the other NAD dealers? Have you all gone the way of the "Doh! Doh! Bird?" (Think Homer Simpson)

I haven't use anything from NAD since the 3 Series. They sounded great but the video part sucked really bad. As a matter of fact I still have a T773 in stock. The Pre/Pro at home is a T163 feeding a T973 and I'm happy now, since I'm not doing any video switching through it. Both, the HR21 and the Fusion server are connected trough HDMI to a Panasonic TH42PH10UKA display. Waiting for a DVDO VP50Pro that should be here any time now for evaluation. By the way I'm impressed with this display. Apparently the video processor in their commercial displays it is totally different than the one in the residential, which sucks.

avzone
02-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

wosv
02-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Well the T755 has not as of yet released, it is the last in the 5 series. I have used the T765, and T775. The Audyssey Pro EQ in the 775 is amazing, in a room that is not ideal for sound, it makes a huge huge difference in this situation. In a room that is good for sound, it is not that big of a improvement.

NAD has finally caught up with everyone else, as far as the features they are providing in the new product line. HDMI, upconverting all other signals to HDMi on the 775 and above. So far there products have been very reliable and as expected sound great.

flcusat
05-15-2008, 07:06 AM
Has somebody tried the T175 yet? It looks like they are missing the latest audio codecs. Howe about the video processing?

avzone
05-15-2008, 10:40 AM
Has somebody tried the T175 yet? It looks like they are missing the latest audio codecs. Howe about the video processing?You first!;)

flcusat
05-15-2008, 10:45 AM
You first!;)

Hell no!

TedW
07-10-2008, 04:45 PM
Any update to this? I may start another thread on the subject but I'm tired of waiting for Marantz to come out with MultiEQ XT product and with the hogination of Denon/Marantz I feel the overall fidelity has dropped. So I'm considering a new line with EQ XT capability.