PDA

View Full Version : klipsch

lonny
08-18-2005, 09:23 AM
Just went direct with klipsch. sold out of everything within a week. Great sounding speaker, great margins, and they have a price bracket for everyone....
side note... The only problem i seem to have with them are the fact that on there inwalls they give you a template which you ahve to cut. I have been using the polk and sonance templates that i had b/c of this problem.

Lonny

lowvoltguy
08-18-2005, 10:03 PM
The last company I worked for was a Klipsch dealer, and I sold a TON of them ... Great Rock and Roll speaker ... Plays as loud as you want ... Horn loaded -- can be a bit bright .... Good speaker ... Can't say as much for the former company I worked for ... As a current Jamo dealer (recently purchased by Klipsch), I'm wondering if Klipsch will want to take us on ... I haven't approached this possibility ... We already have a full speaker line, but I'd entertain the idea of taking them on ... Paul Klipsch was a pioneer in speaker design ... And a very smart man ... I'm sure you've been told by your rep, Paul holds (or held) patents in acoustics ... Let's hope his heirs keep up his good name ...

lonny
08-18-2005, 10:14 PM
alli know is the best selling points are 1. they are in most movie theatures in the us 2. they are a US company.
Its not like jamo where the customer hasn't really heard of them, everyone has heard of the name so it has a brand reconition.

no complants as of now... With the exception of the templates.

Lonny

lowvoltguy
08-18-2005, 10:45 PM
alli know is the best selling points are 1. they are in most movie theatures in the us 2. they are a US company.
Its not like jamo where the customer hasn't really heard of them, everyone has heard of the name so it has a brand reconition.

no complants as of now... With the exception of the templates.

Lonny

Lonny -- They are a US company, but they are not being made in the US, as far as I know ... When I sold Klipsch, they weren't very well known ... Best Buy has made them more well known, which I'm not sure is such a good thing .. When I found out Worst (er ... Best) Buy was taking on the line, I was less than thrilled ... BB does not carry the custom line (they got the Synergy line, that was what it was called at the time ... I don't know what it's called now) ... I found it easy to sell the "Klipsch Story" ... Very efficient ... great at reproducing the "live/in-concert" sound ... Responsive ... Etc ... But, there is a reason they bought Jamo ... It's a great speaker ... Obviously, I've heard both speakers, but I haven't played them "side by side" in the same room ... I'd say Jamo's are a little "warmer" and less "bright" ... Klipsch is quite possibly the finest "Rock and Roll/live/in-concert" speaker made ... They will serve you well ...

vwpower44
08-20-2005, 02:46 PM
Ever heard the Jamo X870. Talk about some treble. My boss has a pair of these, and he has blown every single pair of speakers he has ever had except these. He had Boston VR40's, Klipsch KLF30's, and other stuff. The Jamo X870's sound like a klipsch horn on steriods. I am not a big fan of the speakers, but they can definetly take the abuse. He is putting a Bryston 5BSST on them, and they sound to loud. First speaker I ever had to hold my ears and turn it down. They are definetly fun to play with.

Mike

Woody
09-02-2005, 11:08 AM
We sold a customer a pair of the original Klipsch corner horns, if you have not heard these they are really an experience to enjoy and experience. The customer ordered a custom unfinished walnut cabinet. We sent them the furniture company the customer recommended. We waited and just found out Monday the furniture place burner down destroying the speakers before they ever played a note, what a shame.

Mike

lowvoltguy
09-02-2005, 10:36 PM
I remember when I was a Klipsch dealer hearing stories of people trading cars and other valuables for a pair of original Klipsch Horns ... That was one of the things I liked most about their line ... The people that owned Klipsch speakers were VERY loyal ... Speakers are so subjective .... One mans trash is anothers treasure ... I do know this BOSE are trash ... :lol: :D :)

AHEM
09-03-2005, 12:16 AM
I sold Klipsch for 89-2000 and must admit that it was a good selling line, although I personally never particularly cared for them.

I have to hand it to them though. The current owners moved the majority of production from Arkansas to China, set up Best Buy and seemingly never missed a beat or lost any dealers.

They must be doing something right.

Theaterworks
09-07-2005, 12:30 PM
I sold Klipsch from 1980 to 1996. Went to Hope twice. Was a guest of Paul Klipsch at his house twice; he tried to get me drunk. An amazing man, and a true legend in his own time.

I'll admit that I would own a pair of K-Horns if my wife would allow it. I even have the right room for corner speakers! Connect that with my Mac C-20 & MC-240, and watch out world!

tomciara
09-07-2005, 02:32 PM
The last company I worked for was a Klipsch dealer, and I sold a TON of them ... Great Rock and Roll speaker ... Plays as loud as you want ... Horn loaded -- can be a bit bright .... Good speaker ... Can't say as much for the former company I worked for ... As a current Jamo dealer (recently purchased by Klipsch), I'm wondering if Klipsch will want to take us on ... I haven't approached this possibility ... We already have a full speaker line, but I'd entertain the idea of taking them on ... Paul Klipsch was a pioneer in speaker design ... And a very smart man ... I'm sure you've been told by your rep, Paul holds (or held) patents in acoustics ... Let's hope his heirs keep up his good name ...

Please note that due to the hurricane and current market conditions, this website only has a certain rationed amount of periods (".") available, and you are using them faster than they are being restocked. Thank you for your attention to this matter.