PDA

View Full Version : Audio Access

Kelly
08-21-2005, 01:29 PM
Just happened to see that Audio access has also gone the distrribution route.

I was never really overly impressed with the product myself...

Guess the disty move is falling sales related?

Any users, opinions?

AudibleSolutions
08-23-2005, 02:06 PM
Who has not gone distribution save for the two big boys who do not need to and for whom programming is a real issue. I was talking to my local AA rep and he tells me Chris Robinson has really pushed the line in an attempt to save it from itself. Supposedly color touch panels and the ability to interface to music servers now exist. The system is one of the better sounding distributed music systems in an era that no longer prizes sound quality.

I suspect distribution is a local issue with local reps putting it into their (evil ) distribution shops. I can pick up Elan from the rep via his distributorship. What made Audio Access brilliant now makes it obsolute. It was a KISS system which worked fine in an era of radio and CD player distributed audio systems. I fails in an era of music files where seraching for music is one click away. Music systems without touch panels and feedback are now obsolete. Product life cycles are also shorter and Audio Access had a coporate culture that made product innovation and development painfully slow. I think the folks at Audio Access are great and I hope they have not missed the bus by taking so long to arrive at their current product solution. I would be less concerned with distribution and more with the product. It was a really good system but it was also one anyone could install without much training, save for third party integration where it was a pain.

Alan