PDA

View Full Version : Pasnasonic - HELP guide

Brijaws
02-05-2005, 09:25 PM
Can anyone wrtie me a basic help guide for the following: I have been installing TA624 systems, and the occassional TVS50 VM - I have it working an installed in my office for Auto Atendant. I forgot how i did it. I know how to forward the extensions to 107, and i can get half way thru the inital TELNET setup of the VM. I get stumped at the point where i either do not knopw the selector code to re-record the prompt of

"If you know you partys extension you can enter it at anytime, to dial by name press one"

I recorded custom greetings, and thought i set the VM to use "USER 1" but it doesnt seem to work, nor do i know the code to re-record. Can any one write a "Step by Step" how for start to finish? I think it would be extremly helpfull not just for me, but everyone else.

Here are some tips i found - but still do not show me how toi change the "MAIN MENU" or "Selector Prompts.

Take from ABLECOM website. http://www.ablecomm.info/tvs50.htm

"Access the "Message Manager's Main Command Menu": dial the intercom number for the voice processing system, then #, 6, *, 998 (or 98 for the KX-TD308).
Press [5] to modify messages.
Press [6] to modify the user prompts,
Press [1] to change a specific prompt .
Enter the prompt number you want to change. Prompt 819 is "welcome to the voice processing system." 248 is "good afternoon." 249 is "good evening." 250 is "good morning."
Continue following instructions.
NOTE: by eliminating the pre-recorded prompts, you will cause a delay between the end of ringing and the first sound that callers will hear. To minimize the delay, we recommend that you replace prompt 819 with your own brief message ("Thank you for calling Acme International") which will be be played immediately before your main menu (usually "custom 1"). Thanks to Panasonic techwizard Rich for this tip.

There's another advantage to making this initial recording: If there is an emergency or temporary change in your company's schedule, you can call in from anywhere and change the opening message to something like "Thank you for calling Honest Charlie's Used Cars. Because of Hurricane Hilda, we will be closed until Wednesday," but you won't have to re-record your big main menu.

Anonymous
09-16-2005, 01:21 PM
Can anyone wrtie me a basic help guide for the following: I have been installing TA624 systems, and the occassional TVS50 VM - I have it working an installed in my office for Auto Atendant. I forgot how i did it. I know how to forward the extensions to 107, and i can get half way thru the inital TELNET setup of the VM. I get stumped at the point where i either do not knopw the selector code to re-record the prompt of

"If you know you partys extension you can enter it at anytime, to dial by name press one"

I recorded custom greetings, and thought i set the VM to use "USER 1" but it doesnt seem to work, nor do i know the code to re-record. Can any one write a "Step by Step" how for start to finish? I think it would be extremly helpfull not just for me, but everyone else.

Here are some tips i found - but still do not show me how toi change the "MAIN MENU" or "Selector Prompts.

Take from ABLECOM website. http://www.ablecomm.info/tvs50.htm

"Access the "Message Manager's Main Command Menu": dial the intercom number for the voice processing system, then #, 6, *, 998 (or 98 for the KX-TD308).
Press [5] to modify messages.
Press [6] to modify the user prompts,
Press [1] to change a specific prompt .
Enter the prompt number you want to change. Prompt 819 is "welcome to the voice processing system." 248 is "good afternoon." 249 is "good evening." 250 is "good morning."
Continue following instructions.
NOTE: by eliminating the pre-recorded prompts, you will cause a delay between the end of ringing and the first sound that callers will hear. To minimize the delay, we recommend that you replace prompt 819 with your own brief message ("Thank you for calling Acme International") which will be be played immediately before your main menu (usually "custom 1"). Thanks to Panasonic techwizard Rich for this tip.

There's another advantage to making this initial recording: If there is an emergency or temporary change in your company's schedule, you can call in from anywhere and change the opening message to something like "Thank you for calling Honest Charlie's Used Cars. Because of Hurricane Hilda, we will be closed until Wednesday," but you won't have to re-record your big main menu.