PDA

View Full Version : Xantech RAT1 Remote autotransformers

fluid-druid
08-31-2005, 11:58 PM
Anyone use these things? Xantech RAT1 Remote Auto Transformer.

I have a client with 2 A/V systems and a basic 6 zone audio system (Sonance 1230 and volume controls).

They use RTI T2+ controllers in the 2 AV areas... with 2 RTI RP6 units (linked together)...

One of the dist audio zones is the master bedroom. It has a basic volume control on the wall. Here, I've also given them a T2+ to control the bedroom TV (no AV system yet), and it can also turn on the preamp/1230 and control sources. But of course when they use the remote to turn on the audio system.... they can't use the volume buttons.. they have to use the VC on the wall.

I could easily put a Xantech motorized control in the wall... and with a RAT1, the bedroom T2+ could control the volume control.

It sounds great and easy to do... but I'm curious about how well the RAT1 works. If you use the MIRV1 volume controls... how well do they track what is happening on the RAT1?

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Gary
09-01-2005, 07:49 AM
I've never used the MIRV1 with the RAT1 but I have used the RAT a few times and it does work well. You do need to remember that is is still a 12 step autoformer volume control so it ramps in steps not smoothly.