PDA

View Full Version : Who ya got?

Gary
02-06-2005, 04:42 PM
It will be a low scoring game...14-17 Eagles.

Shadowman68
02-06-2005, 04:57 PM
hey hey, Gary is a gambler. Good to see.
Im gonna take the Eagles as well, I'd like to see a 27-12 game.

AudibleSolutions
02-06-2005, 05:04 PM
I hope you are right but I will never pick against this groups of Patriots again. They may have players who are stars or player who statisticlly have the talent but all of them are football players and more importantly, winners.

I just hope it will be a good game but I am afraid it will be like the two previous Patriot games---which will be good if you are a Patriot fan but boring for the rest of us. I think Charlie Weis in a brilliant offensive mind and wish the Jets were not foolish enough to let him go for that loser Hacket. I think Charlie goes out a very big winner and wish him success at that semi-pro job in Indiana and the Patriots establish themselves as the greatest team ever. Why ever? This is all done under a salary cap where it is impossible to stockpile talent and almost as difficult to keep it. I will root for the Eagles but bet the Patriots because we do not forgive Belichik nor do we like any team from the Great White North. The Patriots win by more than 10. GO EAGLES.

Alan

Ghost
02-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Soooo, Who won?

Shadowman68
02-07-2005, 12:35 PM
NE 24-21
I think if McNabb hadnt burned all that time they may have had another opportunity for an extra series. Why didnt they use a hurry up offense in the last 8 minutes.
I bet they wasted a good 2-2.5 min in the cuddle.
Both teams played awesome defense. I didnt think it was going to be that tight. Lots of turnovers.
I think McNabb showed some nervousness. Mis-throws, Your cant over throw your receiver especially up the gut in a zone defense.
But the better team won. I think this is probably the best post salary cap team ever assembled. interchangeable players. it was good to see. Congrats to the Pats. But whether they are a dynasty? who knows.

Late_Night_Bill
02-08-2005, 05:04 PM
McNabb was sick, and was struggling to finish the game. The "cuddles" were so that he could recover for a few seconds, and try not to barf on his shoes.

http://www.nbc10.com/sports/4176702/detail.html

Shadowman68
02-09-2005, 12:17 PM
I remember that hit, didnt look like much at the time. Probably got a concussion from it. I have a friend was playing in his first season in the NHL. Was skating backwards through the neutral zone and bumped with another guy, he fell flat on his ass, didnt hit his head on anything. He stood up then fell. He got back to the bench and barfed all over the place. They flew him to Boston for a catscan, it showed a severe concussion. I guess just the way he fell and the way his head snapped back on impact. He sat out the rest of the season.