PDA

View Full Version : Optoma sell outs?

Shadowman68
02-07-2005, 12:42 PM
I just opened my newspaper and found a flyer for the local big box affiliate of BB. I noticed they now carry Optoma Pj's. Have they now sold out to the man? Or are they just selling the lower lines and keeping the high end for the CI?
Anyone else sell Optoma besides me?

ejfiii
02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
I buy the 77 PJ and the 65 inch DLPRP set through distribution. What models were listed in the BB flyer?

lowvoltguy
02-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I think they only offer presentation projo's at the retail outlets ... but I may be wrong

Fastfred
02-08-2005, 08:03 AM
Optoma introduced rear projection units at CEDIA, dubbed the sovereign series. The product is ISF callibrated, and like other Optoma products, pretty nice looking.

The series is handled through at least one distributor I know of, and requires a signed agreement saying you won't sell it on dog food dot com.
The H77 projector also is covered under that agreement.

Pricing on sovereign is competitive, and hopefully will stay out of the clown stores.

This is, however, a company that is rolling new skus at an amazing rate.

DDeca
02-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Hey Fred,

Is there a certain US distributor that is stocking the Soverign line yet??

Fastfred
02-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Yes, in stock

By the way, I'm not trying to make this a commerical for me.

(let the flaming begin)

ejfiii
02-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Where does this new line fit in with the RD line? Also, just checked their website, is the Custom series the RP sets you guys are talking about? How do the prices compare to the RDs?

TIA.

Fastfred
02-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Sovereign is considered a step up;
isf callibrated,
internet restricted (dealer agrees not to sell it online)
supposed to be marketed to the custom install market

ejfiii
02-09-2005, 06:22 PM
Interesting. Are they going to be including a PJ in the line?

E. J.

Fastfred
02-10-2005, 07:54 AM
The models H77 and the new H79 require that form be completed before product ships.

Jerry
02-10-2005, 10:52 AM
I heard that Capitol has these in stock.
If you talk to this Mr. Harding guy he would be happy to set you up.

idodishez
03-05-2007, 09:15 PM
bump.

anyone still selling optoma? See them more and more at places like Tigerdirect and Skywalker.

FRR
03-05-2007, 09:47 PM
From what I can remember Future Shop (the Canadian BB affliate, BB owns Future Shop) is not selling the HT version of projectors, but business models (I can't remember the model numbers). This is not a surprise here in Canada hwere I've seen various on-line companies, including Tigerdirect.ca, selling the business versions as well as some of the 30 series projectors. I've yet to see these companies sell the 5X series and up versions of projectors.

Cheers

brandenpro
03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
Sovereign is considered a step up;
isf callibrated,
internet restricted (dealer agrees not to sell it online)
supposed to be marketed to the custom install market

What do you mean by ISF calibrated? You must mean they are ISFccc. Which is to say they have settings for an ISF tech to adjust. I have looked into spec'n the HD81 on a current job, it is ISFccc. These other models must be the same.

idodishez
03-06-2007, 10:20 PM
What do you mean by ISF calibrated?

I was told the same by Jim Hornseth (?) @ Capitol, and by a manufacture rep for Optoma.