PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Plasma / LCD

adigitaljohn
04-08-2008, 02:01 PM
Have a client looking to install a weather resistant outdoor display (42-50") by his pool. This will come inside for the Chicago winters.

Any suggestions?

Elston
04-08-2008, 02:07 PM
The weather resistant models out there are pricey. I built a custom enclosure for mine on the deck. At a jobsite, we designed one to go on an exterior wall of the house with thick glass for that portion of the wall and an access panel inside the closet for access. That was a while ago before the weather proof models were available.

K&J
04-08-2008, 03:00 PM
SunBrite!!!

Put one in last year prior to Winter and it is a Very Good TV..

Now has 232 discretes...

sirroundsound
04-08-2008, 03:09 PM
THis company was at EHX
www.panteltv.com

CCD
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
THis company was at EHX
www.panteltv.com
I saw one at my disty in Tampa yesterday. FUGLY!

Does the logo really need to be screened that big?
I did not get to play with it but I did notice TUNER spelled TUNNER on the remote :-)
The picture was very dark next to the OLEVIA HITACHI and TOSHIBA but that could have been a calibration issue.

joepan
04-16-2008, 02:18 AM
I saw one at my disty in Tampa yesterday. FUGLY!

Does the logo really need to be screened that big?
I did not get to play with it but I did notice TUNER spelled TUNNER on the remote file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/Customer/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/msohtmlclip1/01/clip_image001.gif
The picture was very dark next to the OLEVIA HITACHI and TOSHIBA but that could have been a calibration issue.

CCD thanks for your input. I would like to just in all fairness reply to your post. The logo is not screened onto our TVs they are C and C’d into the Aluminum frames of our units. I will ask other distributors, dealers, and end users if they feel the logo is to Large. Through our focus groups the sized was fine to them. But I do appreciate your feedback.

Please explain what you think was ugly I would love your feedback.

Tuner is indeed spelled wrong on some of our remotes. We caught this error in production and have since fixed the issue. This was an error. But assured it is fixed. You will only see those mostly on demo units.

As far as Dark I am not sure why that is. Reason being we have one of the brightest monitors out there with our Custom Made LG LCD panels with 1000-1200 nits of brightness.

Also just a few facts about our TV's Verses Sunbrit's Models for those who are interested.

I was never in the market to try manufacturer TVs but when I wanted an outdoor weatherproof TV for myself I saw many flaws in what was out there primarily Sunbrite. They where dark, they did not have wireless, they where heavy and think and bulky. They are in my opinion ugly industrial looking and so on. I decided to set out to engineer our line of weatherproof TVs and feel we have a great product. So must so that if ANY of you want to test out or TVs, put them through the ringer. Sun, Snow, Rain, Dirt etc. See if your customers like it or want one. If they do not or you do not like it send it back for a FULL refund including shipping. I also invite all to visit our booth at the upcoming infocomm in Vegas and cedia show in Denver. We will be there and will be more than happy to have you the professionals give us pointers, tips, and ideas to make a product in which you and your customers need.

Back to comparison. Since seeing what I did not like about the TVs on the market we made ours better in every aspect. They are lighter, they are half the depth, they are Brighter by 200+ nits, they all come standard with RS-232, and all come with wireless transmitters and the TVs have built in receivers to send Audio and Video wirelessly up to 150 feet away. The only cord that needs to be plugged in is the power cord. If you want to hard wire all connections are also on the back of our TVs.

I believe you all should check out this resent review by Brent Butterworth of Sound and Vision Magazine:

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/features/2814/weatherproof-tvs-brave-our-elements.html

I think this is a very fair assessment of our TVs and a good review.

Also we are planning on coming out within the next 3 months a 20" model, 52" model and a 65" model. As well as wireless weatherproof speakers.

I appreciate your readings and hope that you all give Pantel a chance. We are here to make a product for you that you are happy with and can sell to make profits. All of your feedback is appreciated and from the top down I am here to listen!

Thanks,

Joe Pantel

Geno
04-21-2008, 09:37 AM
Display Devices make and outdoor enclosure for LCD’s and Plasma’s I have used these in the past and they are temp controlled if you purchase the options. Have a look.

http://www.displaydevices.com/products/digital_signage/pe-outdoor.html