PDA

View Full Version : Under counter LCD

adigitaljohn
04-14-2008, 09:04 AM
Anyone know of a 12" Height under counter LCD available on the market.

Can't seem to find any current models that fit with a tilt up bracket.

CCD
04-14-2008, 09:32 AM
Anyone know of a 12" Height under counter LCD available on the market.

Can't seem to find any current models that fit with a tilt up bracket.
12"??? The typical spacing is 18" I did just run across one where I had 15" so I used a 15" Sharp on a K2 bracket.

Ghost
04-14-2008, 11:08 AM
In order for the LCD to "flip-up", you have to have enough depth on the cabinet. Around here, 12" is the normal for the depth of the cabinets.
The Sharp LC15B6U is right at 12 1/16" tall, it might fit.
Other than that, you would need to look at those cheap off-the-wall-brands and/or those under counter units that flip down (usually only have a 7-9" screen however).

def90
04-14-2008, 11:17 AM
I too have yet to have a cabinet deep enough in a kitchen for a tv to actually be able to flip up.. The idea sounds great and everyone seems to think it exists but I have yet to be able to get it to work.

Theaterworks
04-14-2008, 11:38 AM
I too have yet to have a cabinet deep enough in a kitchen for a tv to actually be able to flip up.. The idea sounds great and everyone seems to think it exists but I have yet to be able to get it to work.

This has been discussed here before, but my search skills are not up to finding it. 12" deep upper cabinets are the norm, at least here. To have something flip up calls for a set really no taller than 10" or so, and these just don't exist. I've had two different clients hammer me pretty good on "I know these exist, I've seen them" only to come up totally dry.

Ghost
04-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Back when Sharp still made the 13" LCD, I had no problem putting one under a cabinet and flipping up. I still have a Peerless under cabinet mount in silver, I don't think I'll ever get to use again.