PDA

View Full Version : Need an Analog Audio Delay Black Box

The8thst
02-08-2005, 08:06 AM
Who makes one?

Because of two small Vid scalers showing distributed video I need to delay the audio about 15-30ms.

I would prefer a small "black box" solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks

PAAI
02-08-2005, 08:58 PM
The Analog delays are found in most professional Audio lines, such as Roland, Audio Technica, Beringer (sp?), and Ibanez. Take a look at the Full Compass Catalog for part numbers and prices.

The8thst
02-08-2005, 09:04 PM
I know about most of the pro-audio and studio delay units, but was hoping there was a small black box inexpensive solution.

I hear RDL (Radio Design Labs) is working on one as we speak though.

Crazyone
09-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Depending on what your running it too, (obvously this is a stretch)
Marantz and a few others have a "lip sync" function so if its a single room and you have not supplied a reciever yet u might look at supplying a reciever with this feature.

Brandon

RobbieS
09-12-2005, 10:37 PM
I know about most of the pro-audio and studio delay units, but was hoping there was a small black box inexpensive solution.

Define Inexpensive........

I'm trying to remember wha we used in the last church. It was small....about 5"square height/width and about 7-8" deep.

Glackowitz
09-14-2005, 12:28 AM
we ran into this problem on a job a few months back....best we could do was replace the B&K 507 with a Integra 8.4 receiver...worked like a champ and havent been back to the job

Spent a few hours looking for a delay box all we found was commercial. They were in the 1k+ range for pricing

The8thst
09-14-2005, 06:54 AM
I did some more research at the job and found out 2 out of 4 cable boxes needed to be swapped out.
With the new boxes the problem was only there on a few channels.

I was about 1 day of trouble shooting away from buying a stereo digital delay guitar pedal for that zone... $65 dollars and problem sort of solved. Luckily I didn't have to resort to that.