PDA

View Full Version : RFID in the AV Industry

Stan Reid
05-01-2008, 09:26 AM
Hello all! I would like to introduce you to RFID (radio frequency identification) for the audiovisual industry. RFID enables the automatic integration of AV components into the AV system, automatically triggers events controlled by the AV controller, and allows the tracking and monitoring of assets. Can be used in all AV vertical markets: commercial, educational gaming, government and residential so we’re looking to discuss this technology with professional installers and integrators. Anybody interested in upselling your existing customers and/or opening up new project opportunities, ask away!

Stan

fluid-druid
05-01-2008, 09:54 AM
There was a lengthy discussion in the VERIFIED section recently on RFID and a lot of interest.

Are you a manufacturer? If so, I recommend that you contact the site admins and have them set up a section for you

TonyAngelo
05-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Does your companies solution offer anything over and above what I can do with AMX's RFID system?

http://www.amx.com/products/categoryControlSystemAccessories.asp

Dogman
05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
Stan,

Welcome to integrationpros.com and I am glad you made it here. I have enjoyed our conversations over the last few weeks regarding what is possible with RFID and I hope Rick or Matt sees this and upgrades you and gives you a thread in the Manufacturers section (Something you don't see right now). We starting having a great conversation here about RFID right before your show and I am glad we have an expert in it.

Eric

PAAI
05-01-2008, 07:36 PM
Stan,

Welcome to integrationpros.com and I am glad you made it here. I have enjoyed our conversations over the last few weeks regarding what is possible with RFID and I hope Rick or Matt sees this and upgrades you and gives you a thread in the Manufacturers section (Something you don't see right now). We starting having a great conversation here about RFID right before your show and I am glad we have an expert in it.

Eric

I would like to see a RFID section added as well.

Stan Reid
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Thanks, Eric! I've talked to Matt and requested a thread, and we will continue the discussion there.

Best,

Stan

WhiteVan Lifestyle
09-21-2008, 01:10 AM
I would like to see a RFID section added as well.

Count me in on that as well.

Matt
09-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Count me in on that as well.

Wavetrend has a section in the MZ.