PDA

View Full Version : AudioQuest ITC connectors

ATOH
10-20-2005, 12:21 AM
Anyone have any experience with these? I've been quite interested since CEDIA after getting a chance to check them out. Anyone willing to provide any feedback?

jwalkup
10-20-2005, 06:31 AM
I have been using them with thier 6 core for the last 5-6 months with no problems.

ATOH
10-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Great! Thank you. Is there anyone else using them? I'd like to hear from more than one person...

Please??? :)

Mike Young
10-26-2005, 03:07 AM
Rob, I have been using them for almost 2 years now and love them. They are a little pricey but worth the money.

ATOH
10-26-2005, 07:50 AM
Thanks. I'm not so worried about the price, I can bill for that :-). I looked into different connectors last year and then that was one of our main goals at CEDIA. I like how quickly they go together and that they can be recycled. I love the ability to make cables to length for equipment too instead of premade lengths that may have to be bundled in the rack or cabinet.

Do you use the F connectors too? Seems pretty pricey, and I thought compression connectors (T & B, etc.) were expensive! I was thinking of just getting RCA connectors to make audio & video cables.

Mike Young
10-26-2005, 04:42 PM
We use all of the connectors and have not had any problems with the RG-6 size cable. I would HIGHLY recommend that you stay away form the smaller gauge cable as it is very difficult to get the center conducter into the end without bending it and ending up with a bad connection.

ATOH
11-14-2005, 11:23 PM
So I got my first batch of ITC connectors and RG6X cable last week. I have since used them in 3 houses and I am very impressed. They are TOO easy and I have had no problems at all. I've even used the F connectors on RG6 quad that was already run in the house and on non-AudioQuest RG6. I made multiple RCA cables in just a couple minutes.

Strip cable, fold back braid and check for shorts, push on. The connectors go on 100 times easier than any compression or crimp F connector and two of us tried to pull one apart without any luck. No soldering iron, no mess, 1 piece instead of 2 or 3. I'm more impressed with them now than I was when I saw them @ CEDIA.

If any of you want to make custom length cables you have got to check these out. They are definitely worth it.

Glackowitz
01-18-2006, 12:16 PM
We just placed our opening order of cables and ends of the stuff.

We usually use proflex as our average cable, and doing a price comparison on the upper end audioquest ITC cable and ends its not much more.

This will be so much nicer building racks...no more bundled up extra patch cables

ATOH
01-19-2006, 10:48 PM
We just placed our opening order of cables and ends of the stuff.

We usually use proflex as our average cable, and doing a price comparison on the upper end audioquest ITC cable and ends its not much more.

This will be so much nicer building racks...no more bundled up extra patch cables

You will LOVE them. We love them more and more as we use them. We're on our 3rd order of connectors and cable already. Nothing but great results and they're SO easy!

I truly believe we will never be disappointed with the decision to start using them.

just_program
01-20-2006, 09:50 AM
Have any of you guys done a comparison of the AQ stuff with the Planet Waves stuff? We are using the Planet Waves with great success. Cut cable to length, push on connector, tighten screw, done. I like not having to strip and fold but if its a better cable then the extra effort is worth it.

ATOH
01-21-2006, 11:40 PM
I haven't tried the Planet Waves product at all. I thought you had to use PW wire exclusively for their connectors. We've used the AQ connectors on all kinds of different cable and haven't had a problem. I really like the fact that there's no crimp tool, no screwdriver, nothing. Instant Toolless Connector and they really mean it. :lol:

When we went to CEDIA we specifically looked for every solution we could find and the AQ booth is where we ended up being the most impressed. Their $$ value for free shipping is great too. I would be willing to bet we'll never be below $200 for an order so we'll never pay shipping. You've got to like that, especially on wire shipments.

Pilgrim
01-22-2006, 02:53 AM
I missed the Audio Quest booth at cedia last year :(

Too much to do and not enough time!

Can you give me a ballpark price on the connectors and the cable?

Currently using Tributaries and I hate 'packaged' lengths and 'resoldering' ends to clean things up!

I know I should contact them directly, but I hate to get a daily phone call from them if the price structure doesn't fit.

ATOH
01-24-2006, 09:53 PM
Pilgrim, you should have gotten a PM with info for you.

just program, any more info on the planet waves stuff? Do you have to use only their cable only for it?

OEX
01-25-2006, 07:12 AM
I just ordered some planet waves stuff. I am almost certain you need to use their wire but its a slick setup. Reusable ends with no prep tool needed. All you need is a clean straight cut. They do however, sell a prep tool and cable verifier. Cost $16

Pilgrim
01-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Thanks ATOH.

I did receive the info.

I thought I pm'd you back :oops:

2 weeks of doing retro's on 80yr old houses must have dulled my mind as well as everything I own that cuts or drills :roll:

whdigital
01-25-2006, 10:16 AM
I have my first AQ order enroute as well... I have used every termination system out there; I even tooled up to do Canare at one point, but the ITC has it down pat! I'd even pay more per connector as I don't think I'll have to redo a certain percentage of them on every job because of a bad crimp on the mini-rgb stuff...

I also love the fact that I have the opportunity to sell a pair of finished speaker wires for $32,000! ;)

ATOH
01-25-2006, 01:29 PM
I have my first AQ order enroute as well... I have used every termination system out there; I even tooled up to do Canare at one point, but the ITC has it down pat! I'd even pay more per connector as I don't think I'll have to redo a certain percentage of them on every job because of a bad crimp on the mini-rgb stuff...

I also love the fact that I have the opportunity to sell a pair of finished speaker wires for $32,000! ;)

What about the Everest 35 ft. pair for $49,500 ? Now that would be a nice sale huh? :twisted:

ATOH
01-31-2006, 08:41 PM
Glack and whdigital,

So, any opinion or feedback now that you've received some product?

whdigital
01-31-2006, 11:06 PM
Shipment came last Friday with a variety of spools, ITCs and several of their bulk packed finished interconnects. I have barely cracked the box, but I am more excited about this line than I have been others in a while.

I will be trimming out a job on Friday with a plasma and will be timing the cable term time and will report back a real world comparison....

Glackowitz
02-01-2006, 08:21 AM
We get our Stuff today, we have an owners equipment install toay as well that we are going to use it on...Meridian system with a Quailia 006 TV and a few source components

and we have a couple of racks needing to be wired as well, will see how it goes