Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

IP Ads

Articles

Categories

Search Articles

Articles

by 2ndRick Published on 05-13-2011 02:16 AM
I wanted to launch the Industry News section here on IP because I noticed that a lot of industry related news articles were just flhying through the pages of othe industry related online and print media in between the hirings and promotion notices from the HR departments, and press releases and new product announcements from the marketing departments. This type of content isn't what this section is about unless a new hire is REALLY newsworthy. As an example, Tom Holman leaving Audyssey to go to Apple is more newsworthy than some random middle management dork being shuffled from one hell hole to the next. (no disrespect intended to the middle management dorks or the hell holes who hire them) Also, the forum format allows for a structured place for a healthy conversation of each topic that allows us to easily quote and multi-quote each other in the traditional forum platform which automatically serves up the articles with the most recent comments along with the most recently posted new articles. And obviously these topics can also be searched and bumped again at a late date. So in my opinion, this format is significantly better than the comment section of the online articles at the other places. Also, since ours is a more select group, the comments are bound to be less cluttered with ridiculous rants... if you know what I am saying. Anyway, if you see an article that somehow pertains to our industry which you believe is newsworthy, please feel free to post it.
by 2ndRick Published on 05-13-2011 01:57 AM
I wanted to wait a couple of days before creating a thread in the Industry News section on this major announcement. It's not because I was waiting to see if this announcement was worthy of it's own thread, because I definitely see this announcement as a watershed moment in our industry. I simply wanted to see some of the articles that would undoubtedly spring up from all corners of the tech world, writers focused on business, as well as the traditional media outlets. I thought I would wait and see which perspectives would be the most interesting to me (and hopefully to the members here at IP). Here goes...
by 2ndRick Published on 05-07-2011 08:05 PM
Here is the official press release from Coleman. CEPro also ran an article on this story.
by 2ndRick Published on 05-05-2011 01:48 PM
Tom Holman joins Apple? Well, Steve Jobs DID say that he wanted to improve sound quality from music played on iTunes. I hope that TH & Apple will convince the studios to release 24-bit files from the high bitrate or analog masters. I somehow have a feeling that we will see 'features' like the volume extension and other Audyssey technologies piped into iPhones before his genius is used to make iTunes playback better. http://gigaom.com/apple/apple-said-to-have-hired-the-audio-genius-behind-thx/
Page 86 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive
Advertise With Us?