Since 2003 IntegrationPros has been the social network for professionals in the systems integration and custom installation industry... if that's you, get started by creating an account.

IP Ads

Articles - Product Reviews (PUBLIC)

Categories

Product Reviews (PUBLIC)

Search Articles

Articles - Product Reviews (PUBLIC)

by Kelly Published on 06-24-2005 08:59 AM
Recently used one in a retrofit with existing wiring, speakers (4pr), volume controls, etc. I'll leave out all the specific job details, suffice it to say that I replaced a lot of the old stuff, and varified the load that would be placed on the amp. Anything above about 40% volume level on the Denon would cause the unit to go into "protect" mode after approximately 20-30 minutes (And this in a very open cabinet with a lot of circulation). I was not impressed....I've seen some rather low end AV receivers used in this manner really outperform this thing. Possibly a bad unit, with a weak amp? Regardless, I'll not use one again.
by AHEM Published on 04-23-2005 11:37 PM
I just installed my first one of these today, and at Gary's request, here's my take on it: First Impressions Prior to ordering, my first impression was how confusing all of the optional cards are to plan out and implement. The 848 uses three different sizes of card slots and each size slot is designed for a variety of different expansion cards. It is very important to plan out both the current and future uses of the system as each card array contains a very limited amount of expansion cards. For instance, the medium sized card slots will accomidate either 4 CO or 4 Hybrid extension cards with a maximum of 4 cards per chassis. The large card slots will support either 8 port SLT cards, 8 port proprietary extension cards, etc. Without having the installation manual, you'll easily pull all of your hair out trying to determine how many cards you'll need and be able to support. Upon unpacking, I noticed several nice improvements over the 624 systems. Cable management has been improved
by Gary Published on 04-15-2005 04:06 PM
I often talk about products or manufactures being audio only in an audio/video world. If you’re installing whole house music systems and ignoring distributed video, you’re selling your customer short and hurting your bottom line. We sell these systems, as “Distributed TV Systems” the idea is to take the simplicity of your home theater and extend it to the entire house. Whether they want to admit it or not, most people's home entertainment is TV centric. Allowing people to watch their Tivo or use the on screen interface to their music server at any monitor in the house is a very powerful thing. For the dealer, you get two big benefits, you sell more control (and make more money) and your client’s use the system more and tell more of their friends just how cool it is. Moving along. The Sonance Video Matrix is an 8X8 matrix video switcher that feeds up to eight video sources to eight monitors. The sources can be component, s-video, or composite. It supports resolutions up to 1080i, making it perfect for whole house HDTV. Control is via RS232, sorry no IR. Distribution is via Cat5, very much like the Crestron PVID, this switcher it uses one pair for composite, two for s-video, and three for component. Unlike the PVID it converts composite to S and vice versa. The front panel includes a USB connection that's for local control with a laptop. There's also a series of lights that indicate what source is routed to each zone.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Article Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order articles in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Article Forum v4.1.2 Copyright by BananaLive
Advertise With Us?